Chapter 1

I don't own anything

My name is Markus Fredrick, if you've probably never heard of me and that's completely fine. I'm a nobody outside the neighborhood where I live and to my friends and family I'm just another face in the millions upon billions of people that inhabit this planet.

Now I'm not saying that my life is shit because of that. No actually it's the opposite of that, I have to very loving parent and a great family. Good friends that I can rely on and I was graduating with I'm a couple of years with little to no debt as possible from my job.

That's when I met........him

A bold man walked into the bar I was tending to. I was wiping down the counter making sure everything was sanitized when this "guy" walked and sit down right in front of me. Of course I thought he was just another customer.

Me: Hello what can I get you sir?

Man: Ah I do love the manners in this world,oh tell me! I've heard nothing but good things about this Mojito your people serve may I please try some.

Me: Sure coming right up just need to see your ID

Man: Ah, but do I not look the age?

Me: Sorry, bar policy besides appearances can be deceiving.

He nearly leap out of the chair from laughter from that response.

Man: To true my friend!!! To true!!!

He handed me his ID

Me: Gaunter O' Dimm that's a unique name if I've ever heard one tell me mr O'Dimm what do you do for a living?

Gaunter: Oh! I'm a simple mirror merchant my friend! I had to recently move out of my last residence after well....let's just an unexpected incident happened and now I must leave for sometime.

Me:Well I'm very sorry to hear that man but I hope things get better for you.

Gaunter: Oh they always do......

Me: Well here's mojito you wanted I hope it's good man.

Gaunter: Thank you kind sir much appreciated!!

Some time went by as he was drinking he saying how the drink was exquisite. I simply told him that I'm glad he liked it and then started reading one of my comic books.

Gaunter seemed to become interested in the comic that I was reading and began to talk about it.

Gaunter: So.......what are you reading there friend?

Me: Oh this? This is just a comic book I read when I have some down time.

Gaunter: I see.......though I feel as though the characters familiar.

Me: Oh, you've probably seen them around. The dc universe is still pretty popular . Names like Superman batman and Wonder Woman arent makes that you easily forget.

Gaunter: Ah! Silly me yes now I remember there from the other side the pond.

I raised an eyebrow trying to figure out what he meant by that but I just gave up.

Me: Whatever you say man.

As he finished up the last of his mojito he thanked me for the drink and then went through his pocket looking for his card or something I guess. After a while he looked embarrassed and simply smiled my way.

Gaunter: It would seem that I do not have any currency on me at this time. I don't suppose you would let me have this one for free would you?

I looked around I was certain my manager was gone and he basically told me to lock up after the last customer left. I decided to cut the guy a break he looked tired and had been traveling around for a while.

Me: Tell you what it's on the house man.

Gaunter: Meaning?

Me: It's free I won't make you pay for it.

Gaunter: Oh what a kind soul thank you!

Me: No problem man.

Gaunter: Well now that you done a good turn for me it's my turn to do one for you.

Me: What do you mean?

Gaunter: I know who you are Markus Fredrick. Your an ordinary man living an ordinary life looking for something all men like you seek.

Me: Okay what do I seek?

Gaunter: A life a significance. And thanks to that book of yours I think I know how to make it happen. Though let's just say you are going to have a difficult start at first.

He chuckled at the last bit making me worry.

Me: I have know idea what your talking

Gaunter: Oh come now haven't you always wanted to be a hero someone to be admired.....or feared?

Me: Well yeah I'd love to be a hero but I've got my family to look after though.

Gaunter: Well I'll tell you what since you've been so very kind to me I'm willing to grant your wish, no fine print and no monkeys paw either. I'll even make sure your family will be okay while your gone.

Me: Well that's sounds great and all but-

Gaunter: Then it's a deal!!

Gaunter then grabs a metal spoon next close to him and instead of bending it he actually snapped the thing in half!!

Me: How-

Then everything turned black

I began to wake up noticing I was being dragged across the floor. I felt pain shoot all over me as two men in armor carried me to two other priest looking guys.

They then dropped me on the floor.

Me: Ow

Guard: He found him in the valley severely injured! He was wearing this.

The showed the priest the helmet and I instantly recognized it. It was the original doomguy helmet before the reboot. I looked at my body and noticed that I was way more muscular than I should be. Not only that but I was cover in wounds. Then it hit me like a semi truck. I WAS THE DOOMGUY

Priest: Take me to the lower levels to prove his worth with the others.

As the guards dragged me away only a few words came to my mind

Me: Oh, son of a bitch.