One-shot

The past...

"AHHH!!! Help me!" screamed Lisa as she tried to run away from a very annoyed Jisoo. But the older girl was slightly faster than her and was able to tackle her to the ground. She sat on top of Lisa and began to knuckle her head.

"AHHH!!" yelled Lisa as she tried to squirm out of Jisoo's hold. Rosé laughed as Jisoo moved on to tickling Lisa knowing how much she didn't like it.

"Lisa probably shouldn't have told Jisoo she has cooties," chuckled Rosé. She expected a reply but instead was met by silence. Looking over to her left, she saw that Jennie was pouting sadly.

They were all playing at Rosé's house today. Their parents were grateful that Alice was free to babysit them for the afternoon while they went out for some "grown-up bonding time". When they had settled outside in the garden, Jisoo was eager to tell them about her short kiss with her classmate Jinyoung.

Rosé had noticed how shy Jisoo was talking about it, but was happy because they all knew she had a small crush on him since he shared his lunch box of chicken skewer's with her last week Tuesday. Apparently it had happened after their extra music lesson, while waiting to go home. Rosé had seen that she was the only one who'd reacted positively, with Jennie barely even listening and Lisa throwing a hissy fit. Stating she didn't want to be close to Jisoo because it was guaranteed she had cooties.

After that, she and Jisoo had begun to bicker. Next thing Lisa was running for her life as Jisoo was hell bent on showing her what "cooties" could do. Turning back to them, she saw that the two were no longer fighting but instead were cuddling on the grass. She shook her head at their odd ball tendencies. Crawling over to Jennie, she lifted up her chin.

"JenJen, are you okay?"

Hearing the soft voice and feeling the gentle touch, she looked up and saw Rosé giving her a smile. But it didn't cast away the sadness in her eyes. Rosé shifted closer to her as she sat down. She bit her lip, and decided to just grab on to Jennie's hand. She held it, while tenderly drawing patterns on Jennie's hand using her thumb.

They sat like that as she waited for her friend to talk. Jisoo and Lisa were talking energetically in the background. Jennie turned to her friend, and felt more comfortable. She scooted closer to Rosé and leaned her head on her shoulder.

"My...my sister said nobody would ever want to marry me," whispered Jennie.

"Really?" said Rosé

"Yeah, she...she says I'm too annoying to have a husband," Rosé felt the pain in her friend's voice. Though Jennie was believed to be tough, they all knew she was a softie at heart.

"Why did Irene say that?"

"I was playing with her rings and she got angry. I just told her I was imagining my wedding but she said I shouldn't touch her stuff because I always get things lost. I said something back and then..." Jennie pouted as she lifted her head and looked at Rosé

"I see, "nodded Rosé that explained why Jennie had been so sombre when her parents had dropped her off.

"Well that's not true JenJen. There's going to be millions of people who want to marry you. There are millions," smiled Rosé.

"You're just saying that," said Jennie and punched her playfully.

"Am not. It's true. You're one of the kindest people I know, who always puts a smile on our faces," said Rosé confidently and Jennie's eyes widened.

"Re..really?"

"Yeah, you're not annoying. You're beautiful. What's in here," Rosé pointed towards Jennie's heart, "Just shines out to the world and we're happy for that."