Chapter 8

Omg!! We finally reached 1,000 reads!!! I'm sooo happy. Thank you guys so much for this! I wasn't planning to update till this weekend, but here's an early update as a thank you!

Vote•Comment

Word Count: 1208

꧁꧁꧂꧂

3rd person POV-

When in the man's arms she felt strangely safe, for the second time that day she had found comfort in a stranger's arms. As much as she loved the feeling of his arms wrapped around her she pushes his chest, signaling for him to let her go. Getting the hint the man reluctantly removes his hands from his mates waist, giving her the space she needed.

As soon as he lets go Angel backs away from him, falling onto the bed behind her. Angel was convinced there was something wrong with her. How could she feel so comfortable in two mens arms, both strangers at that matter.

It felt like the more she was away from him the more her heart acked. Like there was a piece or pieces missing from her heart. Breathing in deeply Angel tries to calm her racing heart, she couldn't have another panic attack. After all that's why she was stuck here in the first place.

"Why?" Angel blurts out, her voice small and shaky.

"Why what, Love?" Niklaus asks her, not sure what she was asking although he had an idea.

"Why do I feel safe in your arms? Why does it hurt to be away from you? You're a stranger. I shouldn't feel this way. Is something wrong with me?" Angel says all at once, somehow not pausing for a moment.

"Love," Niklaus starts walking over to his mate and sitting down on the bed next to her. "There is nothing wrong with you. Don't ever say there is, you're perfect." He tells her, watching as her cheeks heat up at the complement before she tries to hide her face behind her hands.

Noticing her embarrassment Niklaus lets out a small chuckle at his adorable mate before softly pulling her hands away from her face.

"Never hide from me," he tells her softly, "we're mates. It's only natural you would feel this way." Niklaus tells her, making sure to keep his voice soft so he doesn't frighten her. At the word mate Angel freezes confused, what did he mean by mate? Was he calling them friends?

"What's a mate?" Angel asks voicing her thoughts hoping the man would answer them. Her question makes Niklaus stiffen for a second, how was he supposed to tell her without scaring her.

"Mates," Niklaus starts. "Mate is short for soul mate. You know what a soulmate is correct?" Niklaus asks his mate hoping she did, it would make it easier.

"Yes!" Angel states proudly, "It's someone who you are destined to be with!" Angel adds feeling proud that she knew that much.

"Good job, Love. That's correct." Niklaus tells her, chuckling at how adorable she sounded. "That's what we are, soulmates. We're destined to be together." He says watching her eyes go wide at the new information he gave her. Angel's eyes fill with tears before she leaps into Nicklaus's arms, wrapping her own around his waist.

Said man watches in surprise and amazement as the adorable thing in his arms. Wrapping his arms around his waist he pulls her closer into his chest placing his head in the crook of her soft neck. Inhaling he smells the comforting smell of flowers making him relax instantly.

The two mates sat together enjoying each others company until a bang interrupts them, the sound coming from downstairs. Pulling away from the hug Niklaus pulls his mate behind him to keep her safe from whatever made the sound.

"Niklaus!" A deep voice shouts from down the stairs. The voice sounding familiar to Angel even though she couldn't place it. Knowing who the voice belongs to Niklaus lets out a string of curse words towards his brother for interrupting his time with his mate.

'Maybe I can dagger him again?' Niklaus tells himself debating the option, getting lost in his thoughts he forgets about the situation at hand. He only snaps out of his thoughts when he feels a small hand poke his cheek followed by a small giggle. Niklaus looks at his mate in question only to get a small shrug as she pokes his cheek again letting out another giggle.

Niklaus shakes his head at his cute little mate, smiling at her with a small laugh leaving his lips. Forgetting about his brother downstairs Niklaus looks down at his mate kissing her cheek watching a blush grow on her face. 'She blushes so easily' Niklaus thinks to himself looking at his mates pink cheeks.

"Brother I'm going to count to three. If you're not downstairs I will light this house on fire with you inside of it!" Elijah yells from the door, not noticing that his mate was in the house as well. Hearing his threat Niklaus jumps up from the bed rushing down the stairs before his brother can do anything.

Usually his brothers threats didn't frighten him, but this time he had a mate. He couldn't let anyone hurt his mate, he had to many enemy he didn't want to worry about his brother as well.

"Brother, what do I owe the pleasure?" Niklaus asks an fake smile on his face his tone sarcastic.

"I need your help, Brother. You owe me for all of those years you stuck me in a box, now it's time to pay it up." Elijah tells his brother, having more than one plan if he said no. Thinking about it Niklaus is ready to decline, before he can say no a voice at the top of the stairs distracts him, making him spin around faster than he could think.

"Elijah?" Angel questions from the top of the stairs wondering why he was there. At the sight of his mate in his brothers house Elijah's anger rises.

"Angel," Elijah tells his mate softly, "why don't you come down here, Baby." He tells her hoping to cox her down the stairs and away from his brother. Not wanting to disobey Angel nods her head softly walking down the staircase standing between Elijah and Niklaus.

"Love, stay right there." Niklaus tells his mate. He was not going to to let his brother steal his mate, she was his. At Niklaus command Angel stops where she is, what was she supposed to do. They both told her to do opposite things.

"Niklaus I am warning you. You give my mate to me this moment or heads will roll." Elijah threatens his brother, he would not hurt his mate.

"You're mate?" Niklaus yells out angry. "She is mine, she is my mate." He tells his brother angrily. Angel looks between the two brothers nervously, were they both her mate.

"Niklaus, Elijah? What's going on?" Angel questions growing frightened.

"As it would seem," Niklaus states bitterly. "You have two mates." Elijah finishes sounding just as bitter as Niklaus did. At the answer Angel gulps, she didn't even know If she could handle one mate how was she supposed to handle two?