Spencer

"Do you have any idea how foolish you're being? You're putting the Bureau's reputation at stake. If the press were to get ahold of this, they'd eat it up." Barnes' words repeat over and over in my mind. I keep my arm draped over Allie's stomach and stay close to her.

"I never would have expected this from you, Dr. Reid."

My eyes start to get heavier and I fight to stay awake, wanting to be close to Allie for our last night together.

"Maybe when things calm down... maybe I could sneak over after work? I'll ditch my car and phone at home and come over?" She asks quietly. I feel her shake her head after she suggests it. "No, I shouldn't. I don't want to get you in trouble."

"Maybe, but... give it a little bit of time." I tell her. "We'll figure something out."

"Can I ask you something?"

I change positions to look up at her. "Anything."

"Can I have something of yours to wear? I'll give it back when we're allowed to be around each other again, I just want something that smells like you." She sounds unsure, maybe even embarrassed.

"I have something I think you'll love," I tell her as I hop off of the bed, heading for my closet. It takes a second for me to find it, but once I do, I drape the purple scarf over my shoulders. "I've had this scarf for thirteen years," I tell Allie as I take it off and make my way to her. "It's my favorite," The words escape my lips as I set the scarf on her.

"If it's your favorite, I shouldn't t-"

Just as she starts to take it off, I stop her hands from moving further. "No, you should. Really, Allie. Keep it forever, just in case..."

"In case?" She asks me, her smile fading. "What?"

"I don't know. There's no telling what our future could hold," I shrug, frowning at her.

"Spencer Reid, when did you become such a pessimist? I can tell you exactly what our future holds," She says, tapping the empty spot next to her.

I reclaim the spot and cuddle back up to her. "So, tell me."

"We'll get through this and in two years, just like we planned, we'll get engaged and get married."

My heart flutters a tiny bit at the thought. She really believes it which only helps to cement it in my brain. I'm glad that she doesn't see anything changing because of this.

"And hey, you can wear anything of mine in those drawers, got it?" She asks me, gesturing toward the dresser.

"I wear your heart cardigan all the time when you're not around," I tell her honestly.

"God, I bet you look cute in that."

After another hour of mostly silent cuddling, Allie says that she should probably head out.

I give her one last kiss before she heads out the door, but I had to pull her back a few times for a few more last kisses.

"Last one, baby, really." I tell her, thinking to myself to cut it out. I pull her back into the apartment and our lips meet once again. The kiss is melancholy, full of sadness and heartache. I'm gonna miss her so much.

"I love you," I tell her as we pull apart.

She gives me a small smile, trying desperately to blink back the tears gathering in her brown eyes. "I love you so much, Spence."

My girlfriend gives me a wave before heading down the stairs. I watch until she heads out of my sight and only head back in when I hear the lobby door slam.