-2-

Matt walked into the living room, where Edd, and Tord were cuddling on the couch. Edd caught sight of Matt, and waved, smiling. They looked happy enough together, but who knows, they got together that morning.

Matt had a fake smile plastered onto his face while he was stood in the hallway. Tord opened one of his eyes and looked at Matt.

"Do you need something?" Tord asked, sighing afterwards. It's as if Tord doesn't care for Tom or Matt, and only for Edd.

"Yes, actually, can I speak with you Edd?" Matt said, gesturing to the hallway. Edd nodded, and stood up, kissing Tord on the cheek before he left. Edd followed Matt, into Matt's room. Matt shut the door behind him, and locked it with a slight 'click' 

Edd looked at Matt, his worry growing. Matt's fake smile fell. Matt walked over, and sat on the bed, patting beside him. Edd sat down, and looked at Matt expectantly. 

"What I'm about to say, does not leave this room. Understand? If it does, I'll... Well, I'll do something." Matt said, glaring slightly at Edd. Edd nodded vigorously.

"So.. you may not know this, I don't know, but Tom and I are very close." Matt started. Edd had a look of surprise. On the outside, it'd seem like Tom was constantly annoyed by Matt, but apparently not.

"Anyways, we've known each other for most of our lives. He trusts me, more than almost any other person out there. When we were in high school, I found out something about him.. Well, he told me." Matt said, looking into the distance. 

"Tom was gay. He had the biggest crush on one of the guys at our school," Matt smiled at the memory. "All he would do was rant about how amazing he was whenever he'd come over to my house. How great his personality was, how cool he dressed, everything." Edd was slightly surprised.

"That crush he had, he never really outgrew. I knew that Tom loved this guy. When he was told he could move in with him, he was ecstatic. It's all he talked about for an entire week!" Matt said, laughing quietly.

"He loves Tord." Matt said, looking at Edd. Edd gasped slightly. 'I thought they hated each other!' Edd thought, covering his mouth.

"Didn't you realize, whenever I'd drag you out of the house, to buy a mirror or something, go to the store? I was always hoping something would happen while we were gone. I was trying to help him out." Matt explained. 

"No offense, but you kind of ruined it. I've been doing this since high school. I don't even like mirrors all that much, it was just an excuse." Edd gained a look of sadness.

"So, why are you telling me this?"

"I'm not saying you have to break up with Tord, I'm just saying, keep Tom in mind. Watch his attitude. The change will be significant, you just need to watch." Matt said, unlocking his door. He opened it for Edd, and gestured to the door. Edd took the hint and left, going back to the couch with Tord.

Edd had a lot to think about