Chapter 20: After School Accidents

E V A N N A

Jayden stared at me, silent. Then he looked away, walking of the cafeteria. I was about to run after him but Dylan stopped me.

"Give him time... he'll be okay... I think he's stressed," Dylan muttered.

Well I wasn't shocked. I cut myself. I starved myself. I made myself throw up. I lied to him. I broke his promise. I didn't tell him about tomorrow.

This was my fault. I keep making everyone stressed.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to be next to Jayden and tell him how sorry I was. I wanted to be with him.

————

I walked out of the school, my backpack sling over my shoulders. I looked around for Jayden. I haven't seen him in class and we do have classes together so I guessed he skipped them...

"Do we have to walk?" Owen grumbled, leaning on the brick wall next to me. "Is no one picking us up?"

I rolled my eyes. "Where's Jayden?"

And then I saw him come out the doors, walking straight to us. Owen and I both called out his name but he looked away and walked past us.

I was hurt, but of course I didn't blame it on him. I always try and be as understanding as I can, and I really don't like blaming other people.

Owen sighed and followed Jayden, being careful not to make him even more upset. I started following them too, but I felt a hard shove, making me hit my back harshly on the wall.

Cathryn and Claire were standing in front of me, their eyes full of hatred.

"I swear, Evanna," Cathryn sneered. "I'll make your life hell even when you stop coming to this school."

"Have fun in your next school, though," Claire scoffed. "But don't be too happy about leaving. Me and Cathryn will make you miserable."

"It's actually Cathryn and I," I corrected, smiling innocently. "And some advice? Please, search up some new insults. I mean, I already hear enough kill yourselves from my dad. Get some better insults."

"Just because you have Jayden on your side, you think you're so confident?" Cathryn laughed. "But when you go to the new school, you'll be like your old self. Cowering, quiet, suffering, and begging for mercy."

"I'm not confident because Jayden's on my side," I told them. "I'm confident because I realized you bitches aren't worth my time."

I did not regret that sentence at all, because it was worth it. Although, they were really angry now and they looked like they could kill me.

Cathryn shoved me so hard, I fell, hitting my right shoulder and my right leg onto the bicycle pole really hard.

I could've gotten my head, but I was lucky it was only my shoulders and legs.

"You seriously want to get beaten up again?" Cathryn asked.

I ignored the screaming pain in my shoulder but stood up, never looking away from her gaze. "Two against one? Go ahead. Try me."