13: Busted, Still

Noah

"Wow I'm so hungry I could eat for 2!" I exclaimed, entering the kitchen with a fake, fake hunger. I was rarely hungry in the morning.

"Good morning to you too." Father said. He was not a morning person.

Grandma looked at me suspiciously. "Where did the sudden hunger come from?"

See, lying to my dads was easy (not that I lie to them), but grandma. Grandma was a different story. "Uh, I don't know. Haha," I laughed. "I'm just hungry as hell wow much hunger so hunger."

They expected nothing.

Until I heard the clatter and the eventual bang coming from my bedroom.

What the fyck did you do, Kent?

"What was that?" Dad gasped.

"What was.. What?" I tried pretending nothing happened. Because, nothing happened. Right? Right.

"The sound." My other dad confirmed.

"I heard nothing."

"I heard it too." Grandma said.

I was running out of credibility and I needed something fast. "Ohh yes. It's Mistletoe. I was playing Jenga by myself all alone in my room. She must've dropped them. Yes."

"Jenga?" Dad Evan said.

"By yourself?" Dad Zac said.

"Alone?" Grandma said.

"Mistletoe?" Grandpa said. He appeared out of nowhere just to make me look more of a liar.

"Wow I'm hungry." I repeated, trying to distract them. They all exchanged glances and looked worryingly onto something.

"Breakfast is pancakes and eggs. How much do you want?" Grandma asked, grabbing a plate.

"Three." I replied.

"Three pancakes?"

"Three plates." I said with a smile. They exchanged glances again. Grandpa sipped his coffee and hmmed.

I obviously didn't put 3 plates on my tray. That would be suspicious, and I was doing well on hiding the fact that I had a boy hidden in my room.

I stacked a plate with some ten pancakes, and another with scrambled eggs.

I walked slowly to my room, careful not to drop anything. I lay them on the floor beside my bed and waited as Kent finsihed his shower.

At last, he came out.

A cloud of steam surrounded him as he trudged to the room, fitted in the clothes I gave him and a towel wrapping his head.

We ate in silence. It was creepy, but I watched him as he ate. It looked like he hasn't eaten properly in days, which was a very plausible possibility.

He didn't see it coming: the way I shoved him under my bed.

When you live in a house your whole life, you just learn how every floorboard creaks, every curtain moves, and every footstep belonging to whom.

Dad Zac opened the door. I had anticipated it the moment he took the turn to the left of the stairs and down the hall to my room.

I gestured Kent to keep quite.

"So," he said, closing the door after him. "Are you out of clean clothes?" I was confused as to what he meant. Of course I had clo-

Steam was still coming from the bathroom. "Oh no, I do. It's just I wore these last night so they weren't dirty enough to change. Didn't wanna give grandma more laundry to do."

He eyed me suspiciously. "Your hair is dry"

"I blow dried it."

"I didn't hear a blow dryer."

"Both doors were closed."

"Hmm." He walked closer to where I was sitting. I could feel Kent shuffling underneath the bed and prayed he doesn't make enough noise to be noticed. "There are no more eggs on your plate."

"That's because I ate them." I was winning this argument.

"You don't like eggs." Fyck. I didn't like eggs and I made it known a few years back. It was a disaster and eggs ended up in places. We do not speak of it anymore.

"I've grown out of my hate for it." I was adamant on making them believe me, even if it meant I had to eat eggs to prove it. Please don't make me eat eggs, I wished in silence.

Kent was shuffling more and I was trying hard to cover it up.

He took a few steps back, keeping his glare locked on me. It felt like he was watching the whole room without even looking anywhere.

He slowly backed away and out of the room, patiently closing the door behind him.

I sighed in-

He opened the door again. He gave the room a look over then closed it for good this time.

"I'm sorry Noah, I'm really sorry. I should go." He crawled from under the bed with his shoes on. That explained the excessive movement.

"But where would you go?!" I shouted after him, but he was already out of the window.

A/N: so I take it you enjoyed the first of April? Dw I hate myself too. Anyway, hope you liked the chapter. Comment your thoughts and like, vote. Pls. More soon x.