30. The Tutor

30

I walked in in sort of a daze. He called me. I can't believe he called me. Obviously he was desperate to get a hold of me because he called a whopping five times. That's ridiculous.

Once I entered the living room my family was sitting there and they turned and looked at me. My mom got up and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry Gracie! We all are! We didn't mean to forget you." She looked at me sadly.

"Yeah, whatever. It's fine." I said pulling out of her grasp and running upstairs.

My mind was sort of elsewhere at the moment.

I jumped onto my bed and just stared at me phone. Should I call him? Should I not and pretend to be perfectly fine? What do I do?

After running it over in my head for a little while I finally decided to call back. He did call me after all.

I dialed the number and it rang twice when someone picked up. "Hello? Who is this?" It was a girls voice.

"Um...it's Gracie. Is Carson there?"

The girl laughed. Then I recognized the voice. "I'm sorry Gracie Carson doesn't want to talk to you."

"He called me five times."

"He did?"

"Yes."

"Well, my dear it must have been an accident."

"Five time?"

Then I heard voices in the background. "Sasha? Who's on the phone? Why'd you answer my phone!" it was Carson.

"Sorry Gracie! Gotta go!" She yelled and hung up.

Right before she hung up though I heard, "Wait! Gracie I-" Then Carson was cut off.

This is killing me on the inside. I feel like my heart is going to explode it hurts so much. I love him. I love his so much and it hurts not to be with him.

I sighed and laid down.

The next couple of days were awful. I talked to Rose about what happened and we had this long argument and she ended up crying and apologizing about not telling me and now everything is fine.

I was a little angry, but mostly just because she kept it from me.

Her and Warner weren't dating, and they weren't really cuddly towards each other. It wasn't exactly back, just more like a lot of sexual tension. That's all.

Well, finally I was on my way back to the school.

Through all the days I had been waiting for Carson to call me again, but he never did.

Once the plane landed I got a taxi back to the school. I rolled all my stuff up to my room and collapsed onto my bed. You know it's bad when you like being back at school rather than with your family.

I began unpacking and singing and dancing around the room.

It felt good to let loose again. I hadn't smiled freely is a while so it was nice.

Then I heard someone behind me and I whipped around. Sitting on my bed smirking was none other than Dawson.

"What are you doing in here?!" I screamed.

"Your door was wide open smart one." He said.

"Doesn't mean you just come into someone's room!"

"My bad." He said. He didn't mean it though.

"What are you here for anyways?"

"Well, I just thought that I should come welcome you back. We're going to be spending a lot of time together anyways."