C H A P T E R 7

Chapter 7

"Why do you mean by you'd think about it. You can't be considering doing it, are you?" Claire said , more like shouted actually.

Oh lord! No more headache. I just need to think. Claire is clearly not getting my point here.

"Listen, claire, we've tried all we could for father, we've not been able to raise the money for his treatment and it's something we'd probably be able to raise only after five years."

"I know ok? I know that this isn't the best option but I'd do anything for dad. You know how much dad means to me. I can't bear to lose another lover one." I said sighing heavily.

She gave me a sympathetic look. "I know ok, I know how painful it is for you to see Greg in that position but he won't proud of what you want to do just to raise money. "

"Yes, I don't know much about love and romance, but I do know that a marriage without love from your partner is as good as living a ruined life."

I sighed but didn't say a word because I know she's right.

"Nick , other opportunities will come, don't ruin your life for anybody."

"He isn't anybody, claire. He is my father." I replied raising my voice and began sobbing.

Claire rubbed my back and I pulled her tightly to a hug. She continued rubbing my back,trying to help me calm down.

I wiped my tears and sat up properly.

"Claire, I know I might regret my decision later but the good thing is that in the long run, my father will be saved from the disease and he will be my dad again, my happy, lively and healthy father."

I felt myself smile at the thought of my dad being healthy and able to mobilize from a place to the other.

I miss my dad; the way he talks, the way he disturbs my sweet sleep just to help him knot a tie. I miss all the chit chats we used to have. I even miss his horrible coffee.

My father and I used to discuss everything and by that, I mean I could discuss absolutely anything with him . He always understands and put me through.

Guess that's what dads are for. He's the best. Doing this will be nothing compared to all he has done for me all my life.

Single parenthood is difficult. I have seen my dad look shattered, I have seen lose faith in himself and God but this time, he has put his trust in me, his daughter and I'd do anything to keep that faith alive.

My father has smiled and laughed alot in my presence. I have seen him smile and laugh heartily , you could say I've seen him completely at his best and worst. I know him too well to know that the smile and laughter at the hospital was a weak, fake and tired one.

I'd do anything and absolutely everything to make his contagious laughter come to life. Xander was right, I'd do this for my father , only for my father.

Although, I do like Xander and I know he'd most probably never reciprocate the feeling but I'd love to hope that maybe these six months is God's way of making something great happen in my life.

Claire nodded and hugged me. She didn't exactly support me but she isn't against me either.

I think I just made my decision.

*********************************

"Here, sign here." Xander's lawyer said showing me the agreement papers which clearly show our terms and conditions.

Before that, I need to ask something.

"Sir, I hope after starting our relationship or rather fake relationship, we don't have to do anything..umm... intimate." I said slightly embarrassed.

"Other than the little gestures like kisses on the forehead, cheeks and sometimes on the lips just to show the people and the press, we won't do anything else. I'm not into you, dont worry." He replied smirking.

Ouch, that hurts.

"I'm not worried, I believe you. Just stick to your word."

"Ok ,one more thing, while we are married, you'd stay loyal to me. No girls. No flings. No Lara." Oops, I didn't just say that? Just great!

He gave me his signature smirk. "You're acting like the typical wife already. You're jealous of Lara, aren't you?" Idiot.

"I'm not, I'm just stating the obvious. So do you accept my terms or not?" I replied trying to sound professional.

He glared at me but nodded hesitantly. We both completed all of the formalities and the lawyer left us alone.

"How many people have you told about our deal?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Only my best friend, claire and she won't be telling my dad or anyone else. Relax."

"Ok, that's good because apart from me,only my best friend , Zac knows as well. So other than those people and ofcourse, the lawyer, no other person should know."

I just nodded. I mean, it's not something to be exactly proud of that I'm getting married all for the sake of the money.

"So from now, you'd have to act like my girlfriend. A real one if I may add. There's a party to celebrate the awardment of the contract. You'd have to come with me. "

I nodded again hoping he will continue.

"And yes, at that party, there will be alot of rich and arrogant individuals and even sluts that have been craving for my attention. They will try to demean you, but you'd have to talk for yourself I won't be there all the time, ya know?"

"Yes, I know. And dont worry sir, I'd do my work properly but please pay the 500,000 to the hospital acct, will you?

"I already did and you need to stop calling me sir. Xander is better. I'm your fiancee, remember?"

I nodded chuckling to myself. It feels all weird. My crush is now my fiance.

Deep down, I do feel disappointed in myself. I feel really bad that I'm doing this for money but it's for my dad.

"Yea. So you'd have to stop working here too and yes, we'd have to keep up with the story of having dated for six months now."

"That we've been in love and all that crap. You'd try to act lovey dovey and even blush when I complement or kiss you."

The truth is that I won't have to act as though I'm blushing. I'd definitely be crimson red if he kisses me. Oh shut up!

"And yes, the party is for six tomorrow, so tomorrow, at two PM, just be ready to be taken to my penthouse. The glam squad will be there for you. They'd help you pick your dress and make sure you look decent enough for the party." I just nodded .

"So, you're fired, go home and get ready to start your acts tomorrow. And.... yes , how could I forget, you'd be moving in with me.

What?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks. To everybody that has dropped a comment or two or direct messages letting me know how they loved the story, it's really inspiring and appreciated. Thanks🤧and by the way, happy new month guys 💯💯

02-04-2019❣