The beginning

Once upon a time, there was an era of pure serenity

Once upon a time, there was an era of pure serenity. Before everything we know existed, fantasies were a reality.

God and Angels lived in a heaven that over looked the earth, free to roam, free to explore and rejoice. The ground was inhabited by Mermaids, Witches, Werewolves, Vampires, Fairies, Gargoyles, any magical creature you've ever heard of. Every soul lived their life in absolute serenity. Everything was perfect. No fear, no poverty, no pollution, no anger, no hate. Every problem the world faces today didn't even exist back then, it was quite the opposite actually.

I wish it could've lasted longer...

Such a purity couldn't live so easily...

It was a shocking and terrifying day for the souls of Earth when a meteor was discovered to be heading straight toward the planet. By the time it was seen, not much could be done. The meteor would hit, it was inevitable. Creatures began to panic, a feeling they had never experienced before-hand. Not only that but chaos broke out all around the world. All they could do was hope-pray that the rock would cause as little damage as possible. As the meteor approached, it became apparent that it was not as little as they thought. On the contrary, it was absolutely massive. At this rate the meteor would tear the planet to oblivion.

At the notice of the threat God quickly protected everyone and the planet from the meteor. God wouldn't allow for so much life to be destroyed. He would saved everyone, everything, no matter what it takes, no matter the consequences... And He did.

God was able to destroy the rock before it caused any irreversible damage to the planet and its ecosystem. It was a breath of relief to everyone but it didn't last long as a plague began to terrorize the world. Everyone thought the size of the meteor was the threat but it was actually what was inside that would change life itself...

Evil

A darkness spread throughout the creatures. Each species becoming as malevolent as possible. Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Sloth, and Pride manipulating the creatures to become the worst they could be. No species was safe from the plague and there was no cure... Even some angels became violent and against God. Some immediately and some over time.

The plague was almost instant. Everyone was effected but not everyone acted the same. For some the plague changed them subtly but for others...it was a complete 180. Overtime, few souls learned to live with the sudden darkness in them. They learned to control it and evolve into a new mindset.

Even though some managed, most were lost. For centuries, the plague raged through the souls of every creature. God hoped the plague would eventually dissipate but it never did. Of course Humans were at a disadvantage, it was a massacre. The weakest creatures were on the verge of becoming extinct. It pained God to see so many of his children lose the fight against the evil. He decided to stop the war and separate the species so that the creatures were all in the same spectrum.

Any magical creature didn't exist anymore. No, only humans and animals existed. Those magical creatures that had killed millions turned into variations of an animal or human. Witches became humans with a special sense, werewolves became dogs and wolves, gargoyles became normal statues, mermaids became sea creatures like seals, fairies became beautiful peaceful land animals some even became artistic humans. Some angels became humans who helped and protected others like the doctors, police, and firefighters. Others stayed with God to help him or to watch over others.

God knew that this hold on the creatures would eventually break or slip. In his last attempt to help the world he sent a chain down with a pendent of a small heart. It contained a fraction of his remaining strength.

Until the world needed these powers, the chain would remain dormant. God created the chain so that it would belong to one special person and that only one special person would be able to use it. A person of equality and respect. That person would be the hero, a savior. Sometimes the strongest power is having someone to believe in. Having someone to believe in creates a hope that is revolutionary. And rather than believing in a celestial being, God wants the people to believe in a soul that is just as flawed and real as themselves.