Chapter Nine: Past & Present

*Hey everyone! I'm so so sorry I haven't written in a long time. I'm in the middle of moving, and my work schedule changed. Usually, I would write at night, but I've had some crazy early mornings so I'm now trying to get shit out in the morning. I should have another story for you soon. In the mean time, enjoy!!*

...

In all traditional pomp and circumstance, a butler opens the door clad in a black coat, white vest, and a crimson bow tie.

"May I help you...?" the butler questions with a bored, snobbish, frown on his face. Taehyung plasters a smile on his lips, already prepared for the ensuing chaos.

"Hello Jensen. It's good to see you," he calmly says, his nerves only showing in his grip on Jungkook's hand. The butler's eyes widen almost comically while the rest of his shallow face gapes in utter shock.

"Master Taehyung! I wasn't told you would be coming this evening. My how you've grown!" he cries, his old veiny hands clinging onto Taehyung's right one in a brief, yet heart-felt, handshake. That is all the affection he can show right now. Taehyung used to be his favorite child when they'd visit simply because he never looked down at the staff. He saw them as real human beings and more than just staff members.

"My grandmother, Ann Marie, called only an hour ago. It probably is a surprise for everyone else too..." Taehyung chimes, hiding his anxieties behind his tight-lipped smile. It is then Jensen notices Jungkook's hand engulfing Taehyung's left hand.

"And who might you be?" he protectively questions, not liking the rough biker-looking delinquent on Taehyung's arm.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, Taehyung's boyfriend. It is a pleasure to meet you," Jungkook politely says, surprising Jensen. He was expecting something rougher—cruder—and yet this man is very well-mannered. Or at least pretends to be.

"Come on in. You two must be tired," Jensen says as he steps to the side, finally letting Taehyung and Jungkook into a large, elegant, foyer. Jungkook tries not to gawk at the gold inlay statues, antique portraits, and polished marble floors, though he burns them into his memory as story inspiration.

"Shoes stay on," Taehyung whispers in Korean, and Jungkook nods, slipping his leather jacket off when Jensen directs them to a room specifically for holding coats. Taehyung hurries to his side, fiddling with Jungkook's collar and making sure it covers his tattoo. 

"Thank you. You may need to guide me through the different customs," Jungkook honestly admits as he rolls the sleeves to his black long sleeve shirt. Taehyung smiles and takes his hand again, giving it a slight squeeze.

"Of course. Just ask whenever," Taehyung says, and Jensen looks at him in confusion.

"What language is that, Master Taehyung?" Jensen curiously asks as he leads them down a long—also elaborately designed—hallway.

"Korean. Ann Marie taught me when I was young, and since I moved to Seoul, I use it often," Taehyung sheepishly replies.

"I think it's wonderful! You've become such a cultured young man," Jensen praises, which calms Taehyung considerably.

"Thank you, Jensen," Taehyung giggles and Jungkook smiles. It's good to know some people support Taehyung without judgement or hesitation.

"Most everyone is in the billiards room. Some of the women have gathered in the Sunset Parlor, however,"

"And Ann Marie?"

"In the Billiards Room of course. She's as lively as ever, Master Taehyung," Jensen says and Tae's smile widens.