❥ 2

Y/N's POV

"Hey, come on, stop it! She's probably busy!"

"Eh, how did you know? We might even get to eat lunch with her. Let's try our luck!"

From outside the class, I could hear some noise and quickly recognize the owner of the voices. I was just about to put away my lunch box and go check the source of the voices when my classroom door slide open.

And just as I thought, there stood Ken and Nagachika. Our eyes instantly met each other and I give a small smile towards them. Nagachika replies with a wide smile himself while Ken stands behind him, covering his reddening face.

"Hey, L/N-san. Do you want to join us for lunch?"
Nagachika asks while walking closer to my desk. My other classmates didn't really pay any attention to the two who's from another class since they're busy chattering away and eating their lunch.

"Oh, can I? Sure, I'd love to."
I happily accept his offer and follow them to the empty bench at the schoolyard.

"Wow, but still, you're much more beautiful up close! Ain't Kaneki lucky to get to know you?"
Nagachika starts the conversation while looking at me and giving a friendly smile. I awkwardly mumble a thanks under my breath. Well, he's a bit too friendly but at least he's not a bad guy.

"Hey, Hide! You're making her uncomfortable! Sorry, Y/N...He's always like this. He doesn't have any ulterior motive for it though."
I give a smile at Ken, dismissing his apology on behalf of his friend.

"Nah, I don't mind. I kinda expected Nagachika to be that kind of guy after all."

"Hey, what do you mean, that kind of guy? Oh, and, no need to call me Nagachika. That's pretty mouthful isn't it? Just call me Hide like Kaneki does."

"Then you can just call me Y/N. No honorifics needed, Hide."
I proceed to open my lunch box after our small greetings.

"Oohh! A lunch box! That's very girlish. What did you bring???"
Hide excitedly try to take a peek at my lunch box. Ken just heave a sigh at him, although he himself quietly try to take a glance too.

"It's...nothing much....for you to be so excited about."
I said as I averted my gaze, feeling a bit under pressure at the two of them.

"Aw, come on! Must be super amazing! With decorative side dishes, tamagoyaki, karaage and cute tako sausages...!"
Feeling like I've put his expectation a bit too high, I heave a sigh before opening the lid to reveal...

"Ham...sandwiches...?"
The both of them said in sync before quietly looking at their lunches, averting my gaze as much as possible.

"U-um...Y/N..."

"Argh!!! I know, I know! It's such a simple food that even 3 years old could make without ruining anything!!! It's not girlish at all! I'm bad at cooking! Yes, yes, I know that..!"
Before Kaneki got to comment anything, I burst out at them before banging my head on the table and hide my face with my arms, too embarrassed to see their faces.

"W-wait, Y/N! No need to be so sad! I can't cook well too you know?"
Hide tries to cheer me up with desperate tone, to which I glare at in annoyance.

"Are you comparing me to a guy?"

"Hide! You're not helping at all! D-don't worry, Y/N! Here, you can have some of my lunch!"
Ken then shows me his lunch box, that seems to somehow sparkle brightly. I can only say one thing, The Cooking of a God.

I put my head on the wooden table once again and started shedding tears of defeat.

"I'm beaten...by a guy...? My pride as a woman...has been crushed..."