Chapter 17

Axel's face appears in the doorway, his expression shifting to one of concern. "What's the matter, Baby G?" Resting my elbows on my knees, I cover my face, too embarrassed with myself. I'm having a damn tantrum; what am I, a toddler?

"I don't want to talk about it." Axel crouches in front of me, his hands rubbing my arms out of comfort.

"I think you need to talk about it; now, what's bothering you?" Axel's tone implies he's leaving no room for escape out of this conversation. Making me want to growl at him; can he not be an amazing supportive person? Yes, because that's such a bad trait to have. Is it so bad to ask him to be an ass so I can have a reason to run like a scared little rabbit?

"Someone tried to kill me." I'm almost positive I've thrown him off his game as I'm met with silence.

"That's what it looks like, yeah." His response comes slowly, almost like he's unsure where this is heading.

"They had to be an MC right, I mean there were bikes." Axel runs his hands down my arms, pulling my hands from my face, ducking to meet my eyes.

"We can't confirm it was an MC or just a bunch of MC groupies. It's probable they are linked; what are you getting at Baby G?" I have to sigh, forcing myself to take a deep breath.

"I pissed off another MC." Axel arches a brow, making me groan; am I just being stupid at this point?

"Baby G, I don't think you pissed them off on purpose. This could just boil down to someone being an asshole and holding a grudge. I don't plan on letting shit happen to you again. Sorry to say this honey, but your ass is under lockdown here; with me, until this mess is cleared up."

"Stop being understanding, dammit!" He arches a brow as his lip quirks up in a silent chuckle. I'm trying to freak out and I can't do that with a level headed, understanding man soothing me. Do I sound stupid? Dumb questions, yes I do. "How am I supposed to lose my shit with you being reasonable?" Axel hangs his head for a moment, biting his lip to keep from laughing.

"My apologies, continue losing your shit." I can only roll my eyes at him. That's not how it works.

"I've clearly made enemies; I doubt that after that firework show, they'll just wipe their hands with me. Won't they know I'm not dead? Or at least have help?" I have to look at this realistically. Someone wants me dead; with all the measures that they took, they want it badly. I don't see them just giving up because they destroyed my house and car. It's just counter intuitive. I doubt that this whole mess was some twisted scare tactic, that's just... wasteful.

"They might know you aren't dead and have help. That changes nothing for me, Baby G, I don't plan on tossing your ass out to the wolves. I keep my word and I said I'm going to be protecting you." I shake my head, growing mad at myself; I'm bringing this mess to their doorstep.

"I don't want you guys to get hurt, none of you deserve it." This MC shouldn't be handling my issues; it's not their problem.

"Baby G, I don't want to be rude here, but that decision isn't yours to make. I've called Church, everyone has agreed to protect you; you have the club's backing."

"Axel, this is bigger than the club. It isn't worth it, I'm not worth it." It warms my heart that I have their support. I've been nothing but trouble all of my life with MC's. I can't willingly endanger this one because of my past. His scoff forces my eyes to his, gripping my arms, he pulls me to stand. In one swift move, he has his arm under my legs and supporting my back, surprising me.

"Baby G, if I ever hear you say that again; I'll blister your ass. You are worth it, more than you could ever imagine. We wouldn't be the only one's fighting whoever is after you. We have a sister chapter that we can call in for backup; we'll also partner with the police." Axel walks into the bedroom, leaving my crutches to lay forgotten. I shake my head, I don't want to risk more people in this tragedy. Axel sits down, laying an arm across my lap, keeping me in place.