-6-

Trigger Warning From This Moment, On.

Edd had watched the entire scene fold out in front of him. He was far more observant than Tord, so he saw things that Tord didn't. He saw Tom cut himself with the glass accidentally, and then stared at it, whilst the blood dripped down his finger. Edd saw how Tom's face flushed when Tord was near him. 

Edd saw the lovesick look on Tom's face when Tord helped him.

Edd watched as Tord threw away the glass. He instantly came back to the couch. Instead of sitting down, he offered Edd his hand.

"It's late. Go to bed." Tord said, laughing. Edd immediately took his hand, smiling. They walked down the hall together, smiling. 

Edd walked into his room, and sat on his bed. Tord was right. It was late, and time for bed.

Tom, on the other hand, was wide awake. He sat on his bed, looking at his bandaged finger. When Tom accidentally cut himself on the glass, it didn't.. hurt..

Would it hurt more if it were on purpose? 

Tom stood up, and walked to the kitchen quietly. He was sad all the time. Would this make him happier? He opened the 'utility drawer' basically a place for tape, batteries, maybe some screwdrivers, just random things. Tom shuffled the items in the drawer around a bit, before finding what he was looking for. A box cutter.

Tom smiled, and took the object to his room. He sat on his bed, and rolled up his sleeve. Tom pushed the blade of the box cutter out. It reflected slightly off of the moonlight. Tom shakily set the box cutter on his skin. The thin metal felt cold. He pressed lightly. There was a slight stinging, but other than that, it wasn't too bad. There wasn't any blood yet. He pressed harder. He felt his skin break. Tom quickly swept the cutter across his skin, a thin line of blood following. 

It stung. 

Tom wiped the cutter on his arm, clearing it of the minuscule amounts of blood. He put the blade away, and watched the blood drip down his arm. This could be addicting.

Tom laid down on his bed, pulling the blanket around himself tightly. He stuck his left arm out of the blanket, and watched the blood slowly ooze out of his skin.

Wow. Neat.

Matt awoke the next morning, bright and early. The first thing he did, was get out of bed, and walk to Tom's room. He knocked quietly, before opening the door. As he expected, Tom was asleep. He was facing the door, his black eyes closed. Matt smiled. He had a feeling Tom was going to be happier from now on.

Matt smiled as he walked into the kitchen. Today was going to be a good day. He saw Edd standing in the kitchen. Was he making something? Coffee, probably. Matt walked past him, and got a pan out. He put it on the stove, and got some eggs. He cracked them into the pan, and waited for them to cook. 

Matt heard a door creak open. He turned his head, and saw Tom. Matt smiled widely at the sight of his friend.

"Wow Tom! You're up early, petit frére!" Matt exclaimed, hugging Tom. Tom smiled, and hugged him back.

"I don't know, I guess I've just been feeling better lately." Tom said, breaking from the hug. Edd watched them with curiosity. Well, at least until his coffee was done.

"Hey Matt, you might want to check on your eggs, they're burning." Tom said, sitting at the table. Tord walked into the kitchen, and wrapped his arms around Edd. Edd flinched slightly, but when he saw it was Tord, he relaxed.

"Petit frére, here you are" Matt said cheerfully, giving a plate of eggs to Tom.

"Thanks" Tom said, smiling. Tord looked at them confused.

"Are you two dating? What's with the nicknames?" Tord asked taking a sip of coffee. Matt turned in his seat, and glared at Tord.

"Petit frére means 'little brother' in French. Tom's the closest person to me, so I gave him the nickname." Matt said, coldly. Tord raised his eyebrow, as Tom scoffed.

What an awkward breakfast