Chapter 7: Them

Taylor's POV

I could not sleep last night and I regret it now as my eyes look puffy and red.

Honestly, I'm nervous and worried about today.

Zach walks into the kitchen and looks at me with shock written on his face. "What happened to your eyes? Did you even get any sleep last night?"

I slump on my couch and say, "I couldn't stop thinking and so could not sleep either."

Zach says, "Do you want to grab your favourite Starbucks coffee before heading to school?"

I nod my head in response, get ready and slowly make my way to the car waiting for Zach.

I sit in the car, waiting for Zach to get my coffee while I try to get some sleep in the car so that I at least look a little more energetic before reaching school.

Zach gets into the car and hands me my caramel frappuccino, which is my favourite Starbucks drink.

I take the drink from his hand and say, "Thanks for getting me some coffee."

I take a sip of my drink and I moan, loving the taste of the coffee. Starbucks coffee really helps to brighten up my day because I feel energetic after drinking it. No jokes; it really helps a lot especially during my exams.

I look at Zach, seeing him eyeing my drink, and I say, "Do you want to try?"

Zach shakes his head. "No thank you. You know I don't like drinking coffee."

I smile and say, "It's really nice. Trust me; you will fall in love with this coffee after you try it. It tastes like heaven."

Zach raises his eyebrow and says, "You sure?"

I nod my head in response and pass him my coffee.

He looks at it before taking a sip and widening his eyes in surprise. "Wow. This drink is really nice."

I take the coffee back and say, "Told you. Okay, let's quickly make our way to school. I think the students will be arriving soon."

Once we reach school, we immediately make our way to the hall and Zach looks at his phone and looks up at me, saying, "They are coming in about 5 minutes. Kayden just texted me."

I fake a smile, hiding my nervousness and nod. "Okay."

Zach looks at me worriedly and asks, "Are you sure? You look worried."

I sigh and say, "Yeah I am; it's just that I don't know how to react if I see them."

Zach touches my chin and lifts my face to see his beautiful blue eyes and says, "You are stronger than you think you are. Just be yourself and don't let them dim the fire in you."

I smile widely and say, "Thank you, Zach. You always know how to comfort your best friend."

We hear the bus coming into our school and Zach says, "They are here already; we need to go down."

I look at myself one last time in the reflection of the window and say, "Let's go."

I see some students gathering around with their teachers while some are still coming down from the bus. We walk down the stairs and I wave the twins over.

I say, "Are all the students here today?"

They nod their head in response and Kayden says, "Their principal is there."

Zach looks over and says, "Gather the students around first; we will brief them before bringing them to the hall while Taylor and I will personally bring their principal and teachers there. Gather some of the student council to gather the students' luggage and put it in a safe room."