-7-

Tom sat on his bed, box cutter in hand. He had made more cuts on his left arm. To be precise, he made six more cuts, for a total of seven. The cuts didn't really hurt, but they helped him relieve stress. It was like, his small escape. 

Sure, he still felt terrible, all the time. Whenever he would look at Tord, he'd feel the nagging want in his heart. He loved Tord, but he couldn't have him. Besides, it's not like Tord cared for him anyways. 

Tom felt a black tear plop onto his arm, invading his cuts, making them sting. He hissed in slight pain. Why did his tears hurt more than the actual cuts? 

The blood stained his arm red. Tom got up, and quickly ran to the bathroom, hoping nobody saw him. That'd be difficult to explain. Tom locked the bathroom door, and went over to the sink, and turned the hot water on. He waited for a moment, before putting his arm in the water, and scrubbing it lightly. He didn't want to put too much pressure on it. 

Tom turned off the faucet, and dried his arm on the hand towel next to the sink. Tom walked slowly back to his room, hoping nobody would notice him.

"Hey Witness, come hang out with us for a bit. You're always in your room. It's sad, and lonely." Tord said, from the living room.. Does he actually care..? Tom peeked down the hall into the living room, where Edd, Matt, and Tord were sitting down. 

Tom looked at his arm, and then up at them again. Tom shook his head 'no' and walked into his room, closing the door.

"Jeez, and I try to be nice for once." Tord said, crossing his arms. He looked at Matt.

"Did you notice how strange Tom has been lately? He's acting distant, and.. sad.." Tord said, his tone dropping to a quieter voice. Edd nodded, agreeing with Tord.

"..W-Well, I don't want to say too much, but he's going through something right now.." Matt said, rubbing his palms on his jeans awkwardly. Tord gave Edd a confused look. 

"Speaking of which, I should probably check on him." Matt said, standing up. Matt walked down the hall. Tord turned to Edd.

"I feel like you all know something I don't." Tord said, wrapping his arms around Edd.

"See? Every time I touch you, you flinch." Tord stated, pointing at Edd.

"S-Sorry. I guess I'm just not used to this." Edd said, hugging Tord back. Tord nodded, but he could feel Edd's heart rate accelerate. He was lying. Tord knew.

Matt walked into Tom's room. When he walked in, Tom quickly pulled down his sleeve. Matt raised an eyebrow.

"Tom, what're you doing?" Matt asked, suspicious. 

"Nothing! Is there something you need?" Tom said, smiling. Matt walked over, and sat next to Tom. Tom started sweating nervously.

"You're nervous. Why?" Matt asked.

"N-No reason."

"You're hiding something."

"Not on purpose. You'll be disappointed in me." Tom said, looking away. Matt frowned, and gently grabbed Tom's arm, rolling up the sleeve. Tom was right, Matt was slightly disappointed, but he still cared about Tom.

"Stay here." Matt said quietly, leaving the room. Matt quickly went into the bathroom, and grabbed bandages, hydrogen peroxide, and a small cloth. Matt then went back into Tom's room, and sat down.

"S-See? Now you hate me. You w-won't even talk to me." Tom said, thick tears falling down his face. Tom couldn't help it, he was an emotional person. 

"Tom, no, I could never hate you.." Matt said, pouring some hydrogen peroxide onto the cloth. He gently set it on Tom's arm, rubbing lightly. Tom flinched at the touch, but he didn't do anything else.

"If I hated you, why would I help you right now?" Matt asked softly.

"Pity." Tom said without hesitation. Matt sighed.

"Tom, I care about you. I honestly don't know what I would do without you." Matt said, now wrapping the bandages around his arm.

"Please don't do this again. If you do, I will be disappointed, but I will still care about you." Matt said, rubbing Tom's back.

Tom smiled.

He was cared for.