c h a p t e r t w e l v e

Both me and Storm were sitting down at the kitchen table

He was already done with his sandwich, while I was finishing mine up.

But damn, this man eats fast.

After putting his plate on the table, the sandwich was gone after I made my own.

He was looking at me with a serene smile on his face and his back was leaning against the chair.

I could imagine his legs spread apart; the finishing touch to his royal seating position.

I tried to avoid his stare and was spending my time watching the blank white plate.

I cleared my throat and decided to voice my uneasiness.

I looked up once again and a blue light was swimming in his eyes.

" Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

His smile turned into a secretive one and his eyes looked as if they spoke I know something you don't.

I sighed; realizing that I won't be getting any answers from him for that question.

So I decided to ask him about something else; to turn things less awkward between the both of us.

"How do you do it," I asked, gesturing to the dead plant." Take its energy?" I finished.

His head turned around as if he saw it for the first time.

" You're asking me how I take the energy from living things?"

I nodded.

" I mentioned to you once that my species has powers right? Well, that's one of them. We can absorb any essence we want from anything," Storm started explaining.

A memory flashed inside my head.

When I jumped into his tank, in hopes of saving Matthew from drowning.

And then darkness.

The video that Shaun showed me.

" That's what you did when I almost drowned. You absorbed the water from my body," I realized.

His back straightened, Storm's jaw clenched.

"Yeah..." he agreed, confirming my suspicions.

An awkward silence filled the kitchen.

He seemed uncomfortable by that fact.

I frowned.

Why would he? It's not like I could have meant something to him at that time?

And then I remembered what he told me of the first meeting.

His species are immortal, they don't understand death.