-8-

Matt walked out of Tom's room, and into the living room. Edd and Tord were nowhere in sight. Matt sat on the couch, and put his head in his knees. He let tears flow down his face.

How low does one person have to be to consider self-harm? How much do they have to hurt? How lowly must you think of yourself?

The real question is: will Tom be okay? Will he be alright to be alone? Oh gosh, does he need to go see a therapist? That would freak him out.. Does Tom want to die?

Matt stifled a small sob. Does Tom even care about him? Of course. Matt sat up, and rubbed his eyes, to get rid of the tears. He took a deep breath in, trying to calm himself. It didn't work. Matt just broke down again. He put a bit of his hoodie in his mouth, to quiet himself. He didn't want Tom to feel bad.

Matt heard footsteps, and when he looked up, there was Tord. Concern filled his eyes as he saw one of his friends crying.

"Are you alright Matt?" Tord asked, sitting down next to him. Matt looked at Tord, and started crying more. Tord was basically the source of all of Tom's problems. But.. Tord was also the solution.

"N-No. I f-found Tom in hi-s room, cutting h-himself." Matt said quietly through tears. The walls aren't very thick, and if he was too loud, Tom might hear him. Tord's eyes widened, as he put a hand over his mouth.

"D-Do I no-t make him happy enough? I-I try rea-lly hard." Matt said, unevenly breathing. Tord hugged Matt as he cried.

"Matt, I'm sure you've done enough. Tom just doesn't appreciate you." Tord said, rubbing his back.

"He does! H-He says 'I'm the only one keeping him sane' all the time. I know when he lies, he's not very good at hiding it." Matt said, laughing quietly through his tears.

"I-I know why he cuts, It makes me the most sad that I can't do anything to fix it." Tord's face shifted to confusion.

"If you know the problem, why can't you fix it?" Tord asked, keeping his voice low.

"If only you knew. I'm sorry but I can't tell you, that'd be betraying his trust." Matt said, finally calm. Tord nodded.

"Understandable." Matt smiled, and stood up.

"Thanks for listening. I'm going to go check on Tom." Matt said, wiping his eye. Tord nodded, as he watched Matt walk to Tom's room. Tord sighed, and got up, going to his room. He laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

Edd. Oh, what to say about Edd. Edd was an amazing person, and he could brighten up a room, just by walking in. Edd was great at art, he loved cola, and the color green.

Tord liked Edd a lot. Something felt wrong about their relationship though.. The problem was, Tord liked Edd, but did he really love Edd? Tord could tell that Edd was hiding something. Maybe he was just uncomfortable.. Tord was good at reading people. He knew what they were thinking, feeling, or when they were lying.

Tord knew Edd was lying.