Chapter Thirty Five

"Oi! Granger!"
I narrowed my eyes as I turned around, hearing a familiar unpleasant voice.
"Ah - you. I thought I heard a troll walking behind me" I quipped, a sarcastic grin pulling at my lips.
Charlie guffawed, "have you seen yourself? I'm pretty sure I'm not the one with the troll features"
"Aww, Sorry did I hurt your feelings? Actually - why am I asking - I don't care"
I went to turn around and walk away, coming to an abrupt halt as my hand was yanked back.
"What the-"
"You don't get to just walk away from me. Humiliating me at the cup, that won't stand. You're out of your depth mudblood" he spat, face morphed with fury.
I let out a snort of laughter, clapping him on the shoulder.
"You think I give a crap about your threats? You couldnt do magic to save your life - I'm surprised they let you into any NEWT classes with OWL results that low"
He growled at me, taking a threatening step forward, when his voice was called from behind him.
"Your masters calling" I smirked, making eye contact with Flint who stood behind him, "be a good little bitch and run along"
"This isn't over"
"Oh it never is" I sighed dramatically, waving cheerily at him as he walked away.

Quietly chuckling to myself, I made the rest of the journey back to the common room, my new stash of books lying safely in my bag.

As I entered the common room, I spotted the twins and Lee sat impatiently in the corner.
"She's taking forever" George whined loudly, his voice carrying across the room.
"Oh boo boo" I said, throwing my bag at him "I had to go to the library on my own because of your lazy asses, it would have been quicker if someone had come with me"
George sent me the middle finger as Lee reached into the bag to grab the books.
"Do we have everything we need to do this?" Fred asked, ignoring the protests from his pouting brother next to him.
"Yessir, everything" I grinned, gesturing at the pile of books now strewn on the floor in-front of us.
"So" Lee shouted, rubbing his hands together eagerly "when are we gonna zap this parchment?"
"Shhh!" I hissed, whacking his arm with one of the books "We can start tonight. It is going to take a while though. Meet back here at 1 am, we'll do a bit every night until this is finished - no one can know what we're doing"
"Sounds like a plan"

I glanced at the clock hanging over the common room fireplace, rolling my eyes impatiently. I had been sat down here for 15 minutes without any sign from the boys.
Sighing, I delved into my bag and pulled out all of the books, deciding to make a start without them.
I muttered the instructions under my breath as I read the page, my wand hovering over the blank piece of parchment.
"Ah shit. I'm missing a book" I hissed, getting up from my seat on the sofa to get back the book from the place I was sitting earlier.
As I turned around, I almost bumped into someone, letting out a shrill scream.

"What the hell Fred!" I whisper-shouted"I'm sorry! I didn't know how to not scare you""So you just stood there until I turned around!?""I see the lack of judgement now-""Yeah no shit""I'm sorry" he yawned, rubbing his neck awkwardly

"I'm sorry! I didn't know how to not scare you"
"So you just stood there until I turned around!?"
"I see the lack of judgement now-"
"Yeah no shit"
"I'm sorry" he yawned, rubbing his neck awkwardly.
"Just - dont do that again" I sighed, my heart still seemingly beating out of my chest "where are the others?"
"Tried waking them. Lee wouldn't budge and George started obnoxiously crying like a baby until I left him alone"
"Of course he did"
I grabbed the book and returned to the sofa, Fred sitting down next to me. I slipped my hand into his absentmindedly as I flipped through the book to the right page, and I could suddenly feel his gaze on the side of my cheek. A small smile crept up on my face as I continued to flip the pages, Fred now rubbing his thumb along the side of my hand as he averted his gaze to pick up another book.

A comforting silence swept over us as we continued finding the instructions to the next part of the map. We stayed like that for a further two hours - the longest I had ever seen Fred sit still - before the clock reached 4 am.
"Hey," Fred gently whispered "we should probably try and get a few more hours of sleep before lessons today"
"Wow look at you being responsible" I joked, closing my book and starting to clear the table clean "I'll put this in my trunk for the time being"
Fred nodded, handing me the rest of the books.
"This was actually better than I thought it was going to be"
"Me too - I've never seen you so quiet before"
Fred smiled shyly - yet another thing I hadn't seen before - and laughed slightly.

I kissed his cheek slowly, pulling away with a smile on my face.
"I think you missed, love"
I laughed, rolling my eyes.
"Okay, okay" I grinned, giving him a quick kiss on the lips, before going up the staircases to my dorm.