Dealing with Emotions

"Nandu, I am equally happy and sad for you! You are getting married :) but to Manik Malhotra :( for God's sake!" Abhimanyu told his sister, in her room.

"Bhai.. What did the pandit ji say?" Nandini was nervous.

"He said that you both will have to get married by tomorrow!" Abhimanyu joked, sensing her nervousness.

"What! I'm not even 18 yet!" Nandini shrieked.

"Arre baba, I'm joking! You both are getting married in 15 days.. Which means, 15 June, 2019.. My Nandini Murthy will become Nandini Manik Malhotra." Abhimanyu said.

Nandini shuddered at 'Nandini Manik Malhotra'. She let go a tear from her right eye.

"Malhotra.." Nandini whispered as she let another tear escape.

"Arre baccha, why are you crying?" Abhimanyu asked, his hands cupping her face.

"I hate Manik, Bhai.. He ragged Navya, and he broke appa's pen..." Nandini spoke up.

Manik was at the door listening, with guilt in his eyes. He left after listening to that.

"Nandini, look at me!" Abhimanyu said sternly.

Nandini looked up.

"Now listen to me carefully... Nandini, your brother is alive. And if that monster does anything to you, I ain't leaving him. You get that? And the best part is that, I work in your college, so I can keep an eye on him! But whatever happens after college, you will update me about it.. Okay? "Abhimanyu said.

Nandini hugged him and he kissed her forehead.

While, in Manik and Cabir's room...

"Manik, is anything wrong?" Cabir asked.

"I don't know.. I mean, I feel guilty.. I broke appa's pen.. Appa, abhi, kya soch rahe honge? Ki unke pyaare bete ne unki last memory tod di.. I feel bad for Nandini, she has to get married to the person she hates. I do hate her, for that slap. But, now I think.. I deserved it! Mein yeh shaadi rok bhi nahi sakta.. As it was appa's last wish. Yaar, Cabir, I miss them.. Pata hai, Amma and Appa loved me more than Nandini. While, Nandini was loved more by Mom and Dad... I want to beg for forgiveness from Amma, Appa, and Nandini. But, what should I do? I hate Nandini.. "Manik confessed.

" Manik.. Listen, I think you should genuinely apologize to Nandini. Go to her now! " Cabir said.

Manik thought for a while and said," Maybe you are right? "
Manik went to her room and saw her sleeping.

"So rahi hai..." He murmured and went back.

"Kya hua Manik Baba?" Cabir joked.

"She's sleeping.. Time kya hai?" Manik asked.

"9:30!" Cabir replied.

"Itni jaldi kaun sota hai?" Manik asked.

"Mangalore!" Abhimanyu responded. "Yahan par, raat 8 baje ho jaati hai aur din subah ke 4 baje."

"Matlab, we HAVE to wake up at 4 tomorrow morning?" Cabir asked.

"Hmm.." Abhi said and left.

"Mar gaye bro.. Neend ki N bhi nahi aa rahi! Aur subah ch-chaar baje??? Good Night!" Cabir said.

Manik tried sleeping, and eventually slept.