fourteen - someone's daughter

I opened my eyes. I was in my bed on the hellicarrier, all the avengers came back to rest and prepare to leave after some damage control. Loki was in holding. We are watching Thor and Loki leave later but until then I have to stay here.

I was so sore from the battle, I have countless cuts, burns, and bruises. I already showered when I got back.

I stood up and brushed my hair, putting half of it up. I didn't care much to go out of my way to look perfect.

 I didn't care much to go out of my way to look perfect

I got dressed and tucked my sunglasses into my pocket. I don't know what's going to happen after this. Will I stay at shield? Will I go with Steve? Who knows, I'm about to find out.

I packed the few items I had and left the bags on my bed, I'll get them later.

I opened my door and walked to where everyone was. Stark was back in New York so I'll see him later. Steve was out of his suit and in casual clothes. When I walked in he turned to me. "Time to talk." He sat down around the table in the command area. "Okay, what about?" I sat beside him. "Peggy took care of you?" He asked right away.

I smiled. "Yeah she did, she was a lovely mother figure, I was always taken care of, We had our moments when we fought but she always won. She taught me to fight back, to not give up." I looked at my lap. "If she never saved me I probably wouldn't be here." I muttered softly.

Steve inhaled. "Your birth mother." He understood where I was coming from. I looked up. "She wasn't a good person at all, I was only with her till I was almost five. She got married to a very mean man, he-" I paused and looked back at my lap. "He hurt me a lot, I didn't fight back because it would make him more mad, and Julienne, she never stopped him." I spoke in almost a whisper but he heard me.

Steve stood up and pulled me into a hug. I was hesitant at first but I accepted it. I never really had a fatherly hug like this. I started crying, but they weren't sad tears. Happy tears.

Steve pulled away and kneeled down and put his hand under my chin. "You're safe now." He whispered and wiped my tears. I smiled.

He stood up straight and pulled out some papers. "Take a look." He handed them to me.

// This paper certifies that Steven Grant Rogers has full parental custody and is the biological father of Hazel Grace Rogers. //

I gave him a toothy smile and jumped up, wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him with all my might. I have a father now. I'm not just a random girl walking around shield. I'm Hazel Grace Rogers

I handed back the papers to Steve. "Thank you, Dad." Steve tucked them back into his jacket. "We have to go to back New York, gather your things and meet me back here." He spoke.

"Of course." I smiled and turned towards back to my room feeling bubbly. I'm someone's daughter now.

                              •   •   •