Chapter 10

O P H E L I A ' S       P O V

Levi said that he was going to call Kace but that he was at work right now.

He informed me that until then, I should make myself comfortable, which led us to where we currently are right now.

"Get me Trinity, please." Levi spoke into this speaker thingy that was connected to the wall in the kitchen.

The kitchen was absolutely divine. There was a large marble countertop in the middle of it where the sink was connected to. The stove was on the other side of the room and it looked futuristic. It was either that or I just haven't been out enough. The room was painted in a nice off-white colour and next to the stove, situated a large grey fridge. There were multiple cabinets hung on the wall that contained canned items, along with spices and sauces. It was a very modern kitchen and it was simply beautiful.

"This is the main kitchen. We're just waiting for my cook to arrive." He explained as I averted my eyes to him, not wanting to seem rude because I was gawking at his kitchen.

Main? Does that mean there was more than one kitchen?

I nodded my head as I pulled down my dress, starting to feel uncomfortable from being in it for so long.

"You can have a seat if you'd like." He motioned to one of the stools.

Just as I took a seat, a petite blonde walked in. She wore a maid's outfit similar to the lady that showed me to Levi's office except that hers was longer, much longer, and instead of wearing long heels, she wore flats and had her hair in a tight ponytail.

"Ah, Trinity," Levi greeted as Trinity slightly bowed her head, her eyes landing on me for a split second.

"You called for me, sir?" Her voice was soft, shy even.

"Yes, yes. This is Ophelia." He walked to my side as he looked down at me. I quickly looked away.

I stood up and rubbed my sweaty hands in my outfit, "It's nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand for her to take.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do because I've never had much interaction with people.

Was I supposed to wave or give her a handshake?

Trinity glanced at Levi for a short while before grasping my hand in hers and slowly shaking it with a smile on her face.

"Okay so," Levi stood in the middle of us and turned to me. He placed his hand gently on the small of my back, if I didn't know any better, I would even say hesitantly. "Trinity here will give you a tour of the house and show you where you can get comfortable. Trinity, Ophelia will be here a while so please prepare meals for two now. Ophelia, is there anything that you wouldn't like?" He asked me.

I looked at him and murmured a quiet 'no please'.

I didn't understand why he was doing all of this, I wasn't going to stay long, only until Kace was through with work.

For the remainder of that time though, I supposed this is the closest my life would become to normal.

He gave a nod of understanding, along with asking Trinity if she understood all of his orders.

She just gave a short nod and a slight bow of the head.

"Excellent." Levi spoke. "Show her again to my office when you're through." He passed her and gave her shoulder a quick squeeze of appreciation before he walked off.

She looked flustered from the contact and shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry to bother you," I said sincerely, referring to the fact that she had to take time from her day to help me.