Chapter Thirty-Three

LEXION

He didn't know how long he'd been pacing

He didn't know how long he'd been pacing. Lost in the fury that refused to abate but caged in his father's office he had no outlet but to pace. His own skin felt like a confining husk, the need to shift and hunt clawing down his back. Problem was, he didn't know what he'd hunt.

So he paced. The same route to the library shelf on one wall, past the set of sofas and their coffee table to the water dispenser by the bathroom door. Even the threads of the carpet had given way to his restless rage and remained bowed to his passage. He wished his father would relent as well and remove the leash he had on him.

The Alpha had ordered him to remain within the office until he'd calmed down. And no matter how powerful one was, an alpha command from their Alpha chained you within their will. Even now, his father and the Beta ignored him as they concentrated on their work. The never ending drudgery that came with running a pack.

When he really thought about it, Lex wondered at the need that pushed him to take the Alpha position. He didn't want to spend his days juggling budgets, their alliance and other alliances. Not to mention the sometimes petty grievances the members brought to the Alpha. He'd sat through enough of those to last him a lifetime.

'We are meant to lead.' His wolf supplied, his displeasure clear.

'I didn't mean it that way.' Lex snapped.

Yeah, they'd been at each other since being imprisoned here. Since his father had commanded his silence unless spoken to Lex had no one to take out his rage on but his wolf.

'Your sister is the one who spent the night imprisoned in the dungeons, surrounded by silver.' The wolf snapped back.

'Did you want her out?'

'Of course not!' The beast growled. 'If our sire hadn't imprisoned her I would've ripped her throat out.'

Satisfaction rang in the wolf's tone at the idea of mauling Leo. Lex couldn't blame the beast, a part of him also wanted to kill his sister, only nothing so clean.

'Look, being at each other's throats isn't helping us calm down. Dad is never going to let us leave until we do.'

The wolf growled his anger at their Alpha, going so far as to bare his teeth at him. His father slowly raised his head and met the wolf's eyes. There was no doubt Lexion was more in control than Lex at that moment.

The Alpha's right brow rose in a questioning expression that left no doubt of his superiority, as if he dared Lexion to attack, to challenge him. Lex remembered his father telling him he'd have him black and blue for a month if he dared. The Alpha's wolf wasn't even showing, a way to point out that Lexion wasn't that much of a threat.

'He dares mock me!' Lexion shouted in their mind.

'You're challenging his authority and truth is, we're no match for him right now.'