Chapter 34

Hello everybody.

New update. Twice a week updates did happen this week.

Fingers crossed for next week.

Have a lovely weekend. And let's get ready for Harry at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

*************************************************************************

Thirty-Four

I surveyed my new dwellings, reaching the conclusion it was a step up from my prior one. I mean tour bus trumps backstage folding chair every time, does it not?

"Blis, there's still a lot to sort out, so don't get too comfortable here." A tiny voice said inside my head. To be honest, I'm not in a position to tell you where that tiny voice was coming from, it might be Anger, or Fear, or Common Sense. My money is on Self-preservation.

Since catching Harry kissing a long-haired blonde beautiful stranger in his dressing room an hour and change ago, all my systems had effectively shut down. Of course, my heart was fracturing into countless tiny pieces, but Self-Preservation had taken over propelling me to flee from the scene and get as far away from Harry as I could. Him being the perpetrator of the heart fracture situation. No trial needed, Harry was guilty, there was no reasonable doubt that could set him free.

The tour bus was nice enough. I had taken a seat at the back, generously wide and comfortable, with the added feature of a button that when pushed, allowed the seat to recline to a fully horizontal position. There was also a flat screen to watch movies or telly, Wi-fi, ports to recharge mobiles and laptops. Heck, there might even be a mini-bar around.

"Better not go down the liquor route," Self-preservation warned me. "Let's get us some nice crunchy fatty food, that calms down our stress."

I chanced a look at the bus's canteen but to no avail. It was filled with healthy food. I was even out of chocolate bars. Harry had provided my usual dose the night before, as he always did, but I had already eaten it. I was counting on him getting me some more Butterfingers for my daily fix, but I could no longer count on that.

My frantic search through the canteen cupboards and fridge seemed to catch the attention of the few crew members who were also passengers of the bus. "We were planning on getting burgers on this little joint we know, before reaching Vegas." One of them told me, "you are welcome to join us." I thanked them profusely. "The prospect of a juicy burger and very salty chips sat very well with me.

I resumed my position on my chosen seat and reached for my earphones. The crew members seemed to get the hint and left me alone. Finding suitable music proved to be nearly impossible. Of course, my go-to playlist when I was upset was Harry's songs, but it was physically impossible for me to listen to him singing at the moment. That also ruled out andy One Direction related music which extended to all five 1D albums, and all solo works of former 1D members. Ed Sheeran was 1D by association. Harry was known for associating with Adele, Taylor Swift, Little Mix, Coldplay, Bono, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Paul McCartney. Muttering about how Harry has ruined music for me, I finally settled on 5 Seconds of Summer, since Harry seemed to be jealous of Ashton. Take that Styles, payback time!

"You know, listening to 5SOS isn't really payback" A very timid voice, belonging to Hope, spoke up. "You might want to give Harry a chance to explain. You know, so you can enjoy music again."

"Don't listen to Hope right now," Self-preservation advised, "It'll only mess you up more."

The thing with Hope's voice is that no matter how soft it sounds, or how little it says, it has a way of slipping inside your mind and taking over your senses. So, in the wake of Hope's comment, I reached out for my phone, which I had turned off right after texting Harry.