(106) Being Denied Entrance Really Leaves a Bad Taste

"Eldest Royal Brother, Qing-Yan."

Chu Qing-Yan's train of thought was cut off by this call. She turned her head to look and saw Xiao Ran standing in the hallway, looking at her with a pair of glittering eyes.

"Fourth Prince." Chu Qing-Yan bowed towards him. Originally the two of them did not have to salute each other in the prince's manor, but because she had just been scolded by Western Xuan's Emperor today not to lead his precious son astray, she had become more clever in dealing with this topic. After all, here was still the imperial palace, the Western Xuan Emperor had eyes everywhere.

At the time the two people exited the palace doors, Xiao Ran had already seen them but the two of them seem to be immersed in their own world, a third person wasn't able to insert in. And now, Chu Qing-Yan had a distant, courteous appearance, it made him feel as if she was even farther away from him. It left his heart even more upset.

"Eldest Royal Brother, you guys probably haven't eaten yet right? How about going to this younger brother's courtyard to eat together?" Xiao Ran approached the two, wanting to use this to shrink the distance between them.

Xiao Xu said indifferently. "No need, Father Emperor had just finished examining you on your homework. You should go back and rest earlier, we still need to make a trip to The Morning Sun Palace."

Xiao Ran took a glance at Chu Qing-Yan who smiled at him and nodded, only that her smile still seemed distant, and Xiao Ran felt somewhat disappointed, in the end, he reluctantly agreed. "Then this younger brother will go back first. If there's anything you else, you can summon the place maid to come look for this younger brother."

Xiao Xu nodded and soon after, brought Chu Qing-Yan with him as they turned around and left.

Xiao Ran looked at the backs of the two figures, there seemed to be something melting in the depths of his heart, it felt a bit sour.

"Xiang Yu."

"This subordinate is here."

"I think I'm sick."

"This subordinate will immediately report this to Consort Yue Niang Niang and send people to request an imperial physician."

"No need. Perhaps it's a heart disease. I also don't understand it but it's not an ailment of the body."

Xiang Yu looked doubtfully at his family's Highness. He always had a face full of confidence, don't know why today it was dyed with a touch of melancholy.

The twelve year old Xiao Ran, who still didn't know the taste of love was already starting to worry about love.

And the two people that walked away, the shadows their figures casted on the ground seemed to be snuggled up to each other, incomparably close.

Hearing Big Block of Ice's words, Chu Qing-Yan's heart was even more uncertain. After walking half of the route, she suddenly tugged at the sleeves that was hanging down of the person beside her. "Big Block of Ice, it's so late, how about we go back first? How about next time we find a better time to come again to pay a visit to your mother the empress?"

"You can escape for a short while but you can't escape for a entire lifetime." Xiao Xu saw through to her thought and directly exposed it. "This king never knew you were such a coward."

Ouch, actually used this passive aggressive way to attack!

Chu Qing-Yan couldn't help but look down on this in her heart, he really took her as a ten year old child. However, she had no choice but to admit that what he said wasn't wrong. An ugly daughter-in-law will eventually meet the parent-in-law. If it's not today then it's tomorrow, really not much difference!