soulmate • norman/ray

*use the song as a background track

A/N: just a few more shots before we reach 100 parts!

--------------------

As an omnipresent being (no, I'm not the Lord), I have a job and an obligation to watch over the people. I can peek into their hearts and hear their inner voices.
I work under the Majesty of Fate, who is also somewhat like a deity.

A few years ago, I found the two perfect people to make as a couple. The only problem is that I shot them with the wrong arrows.
You see, in order for soulmates to find each other, they have to be seeing the same thing around them. I have to shoot them with corresponding arrows. For example, you would hear those stories about soulmates writing on each other's arms, right? Well, that's all true. I did that, I shot all those people. I made them a couple, I made them soulmates.

And my problem now is that I shot this one with the arrow that will remove all color from their life...and I shot the other one with the arrow that will have a timer on their wrist.
This isn't the first time I made a mistake.
Oh well, I know they'll find their way to each other anyway. I shouldn't be so worried.

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

My name is Ray. Ever since I can remember, my world has been a monotonous grey. I never felt the joy of colors unlike other people. I never had the privilege of knowing them. My mother always says that I haven't met my soulmate. I accepted this fact, knowing there's no way that I'm colorblind. I'm fifteen now. I can still wait, maybe. Hopefully.

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

My name is Norman. I watched as the clock moved on slowly, and so did the numbers on my wrist. Only 24 hours until I meet my soulmate. I can hardly think. I was getting anxious. What's my soulmate like, I wonder? Back then, I never knew what these numbers on my wrist meant, but now it means so much to me.

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

24 hours left...
Here I am, anxiously waiting for those two to meet. I waited at the supposed place where they were destined bump into one another; in high school. Today was their first day of school and I felt like a proud parent. For no reason...I just felt that way. Man, I really hope this works.

I watch with a silent grin as I see my boys walk in to school. They're grown men now. I could just cry...
Later, I took a peek at Norman's watch. Just less than 16 hours. And since school is so boring, I went away for a while to spy on other couples I brought together. Like Yuugo and Lucas, yes, those two were my masterpiece.
Less than five hours, then it came down to an hour.

On their way home, they crossed paths.
Ray abruptly stopped. He immediately saw color. But then Norman was walking by, until his hand began to hurt. His timer was down to 00:00. He frantically looked around, and so did Ray.
Right now, it was only the two of them at the park. I guess my boss is messing with my work again. Can't blame 'em. The Majesty Of Fate controls destiny itself so I can't do anything. If Fate wills it, then so it shall be.

Norman and Ray lived happily ever after.
And I need to find a new couple to make, I guess.

This is Cupid, the only legit, discreet, and universal matchmaker.

the end.