「Tulips.」Makoto Tachibana x Reader

Normal Pov.

"(Your Name)-Chaaan!" A high pitched voice reached your ears. You turned around to see a maroon haired girl running towards you. Your eyes widened and you you prepared yourself to the impact. "Woah!" She said as she crashed with you, sending both of you to the ground.

"Ouch..." You muttered as you held the nape of your neck. "Hehe, sorry (First Name)-Chan! But I was in a hurry to tell you this! It is really, really, really, really important!" She said while taking your face in her hands and squishing your cheeks. "Wha ish ih?" You said, trying your best to have a good pronunciation while she was squishing your cheeks.

"Oh, sorry about that." She laughed as she released your cheeks and you sighed and rubbed them gently. "Well, I need you to come to the swimming club after classes! Please, promise you'll come!" She said begging you with her best puppy eyes. You sheepishly smiled and nodded. "I'll do it, but..." You trailed off as your eyes caught beautiful olive hair and gorgeous emerald eyes. Your cheeks flared up immediately, but faded as you saw a beautiful girl hug his arm. Then you looked away.

"Kou, can you get off me please?" You asked quietly, your confidence suddenly going downhill. Gou nodded and got off you as she looked at the young man and the beautiful girl. "Oh, (First Name)-Chan... I know it hurts but maybe we see it wrongly? They could be just friends and..." She began until you cut her off by shaking your head. "I'll see you after classes." You said and sprinted away when you saw the two people walking towards you.

Gou looked as you, her best friend, ran away with a broken heart. She sighed deeply. "Hey, Kou. Why did (First Name)-Chan ran away?" Makoto asked with a gentle smile, the girl clinging on to him for dear life. "She had to get to her classroom or something. But, who is this? I've never seen her before." Gou asked, scanning the girl from head to toe.

The girl was beautiful. Golden brown and curly hair, beautiful caramel eyes, a tanned skin, beautiful plump lips, and a goddess body. She had everything. The girl smiled and extender her arm. "Hello, I'm Nymph, it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Makoto's cousin." She said and Gou's eyes instantly twinkled. Hope was not lost yet for (First Name) after all. "Oh right, Makoto, about today..." She began to explain and Makoto couldn't agree more.

Your day couldn't have been slower. You avoided Makoto and the gang like a plague. You didn't want to hear him talk about his girlfriend, you just couldn't. As the final bell rang you took your things to get ready to leave until you remembered the promise. You sighed. You began walking to the swimming club. Your heartbeat was incredibly fast, you couldn't keep calm. You kept biting your bottom lip out of nervousness.

Sooner than you expected you were in front of the door to the swimming pool. You took a deep breath and entered. Your eyes instantly roamed around in surprise and astonishment.

Tulips. They were everywhere. Laid around on the floor, floating in the pool, some were even placed on small tables scattered around the place. You walked towards the closest one and picked it up. It was a beautiful shade of red. You stroked the petals gently and smiled softly.

"Hey, I'm glad you could make it." You heard someone speak, making you drop the flower and squeak out of fright. You turned around and your (Eye Color) eyes met green ones. Your whole body shook and you felt like fainting. "Makoto?" You whispered and he smiled, making your stomach flutter with excitement. "Hey (First Name)." He said and began to walk towards you. "Um, what are you doing here? Where's Kou? She was supposed to meet me here..." You said trying to not make eye contact.

"I asked Kou to tell you to be here. I didn't know of you would come if I asked you." He said while laughing nervously. "But, um, now that you are here I want to tell you something." He said and looked away with a tiny red hue on his cheeks. You looked at him. "What is it?" You asked.

"Well, you see. I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time, I just didn't have enough confidence to tell you. But um... The thing is... I just wanted to say that... That you are so beautiful. Your personality is so charming I'm amazed you don't have a boyfriend, I just... I want to hold your hand, hug you tight, whisper love words in your ear, kiss you senselessly and be able to call you mine. And I know I'm rambling right now, but I want you to understand how much you mean to me. So, can you, I mean, will you please be my girlfriend?" He said and finally took a breath.

You were speechless. Then you remembered the girl from this morning. "But, what about the girl you were with this morning? Isn't she your girlfriend?" You asked quietly while averting your eyes to the ground. Makoto looked shocked but then laughed heartily, you immediately looked up with burning cheeks. "Oh (First Name)... She is my cousin! You are the only girl, I swear." He said and took your hand. You just locked eyes with him.

Slowly, your eyes fluttered closed. You felt his hot breath mingle with yours. You grew closer, until you felt his lips brushing against yours, making your stomach flutter. Suddenly, your lips melted against his in a sweet and slow dance. It was like two puzzle pieces fitting. After the sweet moment, you parted your lips from his and took a deep breath, soaking in the after taste of his lips.

"I love you, (First Name)." He whispered against your lips and you smiled. Pressing your lips to his in a silent response to his words. 'I love you too, Makoto...'

Tulips: Perfect and deep love

Seventh character done, only three to go! 🌸

Sorry for being absent for so long, I've been a little busy studying for the upcoming entrance exams. I'm about to enter college and I'm pretty darn nervous.

Also, I apologize if there's grammar mistakes, it's 2:30 am and I'm writing because I feel as I've abandoned you all. 😔

Well, hope everyone is having a good year so far!

Lots of love,
LovelyShadowsOfMusic ❤️