Chapter 7

Sanctum Sanctorum-

"Gilgamesh?" Strange asked. "The Sumerian God?"

"The one and only."

Strange sighed, "I guess today is the day of gods then." He muttered to himself.

"So, this Gilgamesh guy was also in the war?" Percy asked.

"No, I mean not directly. You see even if he is a god, he's not powerful enough to fight a Celestial. He offered to take the burden of Atlas, so that he can fight in the war."

"He held up the sky? But what about now? Who's holding it?"

"Don't worry. After the war Atlas went back and took his previous place. Nobody expected that. That was the most surprising moment of my immortal life. The second was when you said you were the son of Poseidon."

"Wow, that's complete opposite of what Atlas in my world did."

"After that we became friends. I visited him from time to time. Then about thousand years ago he fell asleep and hasn't woken up yet."

"So he's still alive?" Percy asked and Herc nodded in answer.

"Hercules, how many gods are currently in hiding?" Strange asked.

"I don't know, I haven't met anyone from other pantheons recently. They all are mostly in hiding or have left the planet, like Ares. After the war many gods died, their numbers decreased. They withdrew from the mortals. That is the reason the influence of the gods stopped so suddenly."

"Wait, Ares is not on earth?" Percy asked.

Herc shook his head, "no. He left centuries ago. I don't know where he is right now. Probably fighting somewhere." [*wink wink*]

"What about other gods? Who else is alive?"

"Artemis is alive. She lives on the Amazonian islands, became their patron goddess."

"Amazons." Percy shivered from recalling his encounter with them.

"Speaking of Artemis," Strange interrupted. "She has left the islands and is heading towards Atlantis."

"Wait, how do you know that?" Percy asked.

"I'm a Sorcerer, Mr. Jackson. It is my job to keep an eye on any magical being that could threaten the earth and that includes gods of different mythologies as well. Although I can't find those who do not wish to be seen. That's why I asked about other gods' whereabouts."

"Wait if Artemis is going towards Atlantis, then we need to hurry. Dr. Strange can you do that portal thing like before to send us back."

Strange nodded and pulled out a ring from his robe. He put it on and moved his fingers in circle. Orange sparks appeared and formed a circle. In just a second, view inside of the circle changed and it showed a scenery of beach.

Hercules turned around before stepping through the portal, "tell Gil to stay here, I'll come back for him once I'm done." And without waiting for a reply he stepped through.

"I don't know what is going to happen in the future, but be careful Mr. Jackson and stay safe." Strange said as Percy was going through the portal. As he entered the portal closed behind him.

The moment portal closed, doorbell rang. Strange walked down the stairs to open the door. He opened it and outside was a 6'5" tall plump looking man wearing yellow hoodie and blue jeans. His brown hair were disheveled and bushy.

"Excuse me, is this the house of a sorcerer?"

"Yes, I'm Dr. Strange, protector of this sanctuary."