Chapter 38: I care

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Dahyun?" a soft voice asked "Are you up?" the voice spoke again.

I groaned opening my eyes. My head was ringing and my vision took a while to come back to normal. 

"Hey Dubu?" the voice repeated as I focused on my surroundings, almost shrieking when noticing Momo looking at me. "Ah thank God you're okay" she chuckled and stretched her legs.

"M-Momo" it was the first time I had seen her after so long. I could not comprehend that we were both in a basement, captured by Irene and her gang or whatever. "Welcome to the club" she joked and tried to stand up, stumbling a little.

"Are you o-okay?"

"If you mean alive. Yes"

"I-I'm sorry"

"Don't be. Irene is truly sick"

"How are you not..scared?"

"She won't do anything. She's weak" Momo sternly said, gritting her teeth "She found me while I was exiting uni the other day and had to drug me in order to get me here" she paused and laughed "She can barely throw a good punch. If I wasn't uncosious I would've killed her"

I looked at her with wide eyes. What is wrong with her?

"You are scared"

She sighed and sat back down "My acting skills are not that good, aren't they?" she bitterly smiled "I'm so sick of being here. I don't even know what I did wrong.."

"I'll get you out"

"How? You got yourelf in more trouble" she sighed "You could've just left me in here"

"If I did, Irene would succed her goal" I spoke "She wants to hurt Wendy and I. If you stay here I'll get hurt" I sincerely said as she sat back down, whimpering.

"Irene is a mon--"

"Is your leg okay?" I breathed out looking at the blood stain on Momo's pants "I'm going to kill her, I swear" I angrily said and she laughed, shaking her head "I'm fine. Don't worry about it"

"I'll worry about you as much as I want" I pouted "Besides, I--"

"Rise and shine" Chaeryeong said bursting in the room with two burgers in hand "I know it's early and all but you need to eat" she spoke handing us the food "Don't tell Irene, I'm going to be dead" she bowed and sat at the table in the other end of the room.

"Why are you giving us food?"Momo asked and Chaeryeong sighed "I'm only in this whole plan because I need money. It's not like I want you to be here"

"That's why you're the only one who gives me food?"Momo asked, finishing up her burger. "Irene insisted on feeding you once a day" the blonde replied and took a sip of her cofee "I'm just trying to make some money for my family.." she mumbled to herself and layed her head on the table.

"Ah the lovebirds are up~" Irene sang out, entering the room with Ryujin. The younger had a cigarette in between her lips, huge specs and the hood of her black oversized hoodie  over her head, hiding most of her face.

"Today is a special day, my loves!" Irene spoke while moving from the door to infront of us, crouching down and flashing a fake smile. 

"We don't give a fuck" Momo growled and Irene scoffed hitting her left leg with an unbelievable amount of force, making the Japanese scream in pain.

"Behave, Hirai" Juhyun barked "Anyways, I just want you to stay quiet today. Or else, you're dead" she smirked and moved to exit the room.

"You're so pathetic" I spat and she stopped in her tracks "Wendy doesn't love you anymore, get over it and let Momo out of here. She did nothing!"

"Look at what love makes us do, Dahyun" Irene laughed "I kidnapped someone and you put yourself at risk. All of this for love" she said and scratched the back of her head.

"Why do you have her here? Why did she ever do to you?" I half shouted, starting to get tired of her. 

"Simply because no one cares" Irene smirked "She has no family and everyone is leaving her. Right, Momo?" she asked and I turned to look at Momo, the girl had her eyes closed and arms wrapped around her legs. 

"I do" I replied "I DO care!" I screamed and Juhyun laughed, throwing herself on Ryuijin who was carelessly puffing out smoke.

I furrowed my eyebrows and moved my hands to my face. I felt my head going mad as memories of old events played like a broken record.

[Flashback]

"Where is she?" I said closing the door with a loud thump, quickly moving into the house.

It was a hot summer day after school, my classmates were gossiping and talking about my mother and her group. They were Korea's finest and everyone wanted to be like them or with them.

But today the whole school was in shock and everyone ran to me, in order to comfirm the rumors that have been going around, forgetting about their looks or catchy songs. They all wanted to know about the incident.

"WHERE IS SHE, DAD?" I shouted running past my father and attempting to climb the stares to get to the second floor, only to be stopped by Seokjin.

"Not now, Dahyunie" he sighed and grabbed my arm gently.

"LEAVE ME ALONE" I screamed, trying to break from his grip "I WANT TO SEE HER!" I was desperate. This couldn't be happening, not to her.

"Kim Dahyun!" my father scolded as I broke from Jin's hold and run upstairs, kicking open the bedroom door.

I felt as if my heart exploded inside my chest. As if my mind was playing tricks. As if I was suffocating.

I rushed next the bed, falling on my knees while examining my mother's lifeless figure sprawled on it. Her face was pale and her body was cold. Her purple lips were sliglty open and her eyes rolled back. The plain white dress she was wearing was covered in dark red blood and her once rosy cheeks were stained with tears and leftover mascara.

"M-Mom?" my voice broke, tears effortlessly run down my face. This wasn't happening.

"So they were right.." I spoked "They all knew and I didn't" I couldn't help but want to hold her body close, hug her tight and never let her go. "Why didn't you talk to me, Mom" I whined "We share everything, remember?" my sniffles filled the dead silent atmoshpere of the room, the smell of blood invading my nose. I moved closer, taking her hand in mine.

She was my bestfriend, the only person in the world I knew I could count on anytime. She was the only person that made me feel loved and she was gone.

"I love you, I always will" she didn't reply, she was gone forever. My mother was gone forever and there was nothing I could do.

Sligthly moving her arm up I noticed her multiple cuts and scratches. My voice hitched as I saw the words "No one cares" engraved on her arm.

"I DO!" I shouted, burying my face in my mother's chest "I DO CARE" I screamed my lungs out and cried louder and harder.

"Please come back" I sniffled, hugging my mother's lifeless body tighter.

[End of flashback]

"Have fun, lovebirds" Irene laughed again while dragging Chaeryeong and Ryujin out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"I do care, Momo. I always will" I whispered and scooted closer to the  girl, laying my head on her shoulder.