chapter 5:

Song: G Easy- That's a lot

Chapter 5:

It would be fair to say that everyone was rooted to their spots, debating what they should do. I myself obviously did not want to ruin their moment by interrupting the newly mated couple so I stayed in my place as well.

I kept on thinking about how Jonathan's infatuation with my sister made perfect sense now. He must have been feeling the pull for a while but he had to wait until my sister turned 18 in order to be completely sure.

As I was reflecting on how compatible these two are I noticed everyone's eyes dancing between the happy couple and me. My brothers seemed dazed, looking at me like they were trying to figure out what was going on in my head. Even my mom stayed frozen right next to my dad.

I realized in that moment that our pack members were probably scared of my reaction. Maybe they felt it would be disrespectful towards me to congratulate my sister and Jonathan and they were waiting for me to make the first move.

Alpha Christopher gave me a calm, reassuring smile and it was impossible for me not to return it.

My attention went back to our future Alpha and Luna, when I noticed Jenna calling my name in a low voice, looking apologetic as if she did something wrong. I gave her a puzzled look, confused on why she wasn't enjoying her first minutes with her mate.

I was quickly put out of my trance when I came to the realization that my sweet sister was also tense while expecting my reaction.

As fast as my legs could carry me, I approached the two of them and hugged them softly.

"I am so happy for you, guys. You will make a great Luna, my little sis! I could not have thought of a better match for the two of you."

I took a small step back and faced all of our friends and family.

"Why are all of you guys just standing there? Let's congratulate our Future Alpha couple!" I commanded everyone.

A bit hesitantly at first, all of the pack members started circling my sister and Jonathan. You could see everyone smiling at each other, a huge amount of happiness flowing in the air.   Our Alpha and his wife were the first ones to hug the new mates followed by my parents and siblings. Everyone had the chance to congratulate the happy couple and it was like I could feel the pack's atmosphere change.

Finding the new Luna was always a significant occasion. It meant that the pack had a guaranteed future, one filled with the certainty of the existence of the new generation. The unfortunate situation between Jonathan and I had brought a lot of suspicion and conflict around the pack, which was to be expected. They were afraid he would end up alone, bringing years and years of sorrow to our upcoming future. They also blamed me for not being Jonathan's mate as if I had a choice in the matter.

Tonight all of our friends seemed ecstatic with the turn of events. They were laughing, enjoying the food and each other's company. Seeing everyone so carefree put a smile on my face.

An hour later, Peter sat right next to me on the couch where I was currently sitting, with a plate full with food in his hands, looking at me expectedly.

"You are actually pretty cool with all of this, right?"

I chuckled loudly detecting a hint of uncertainty in his words. I steal one of his fries and shove it into my mouth.

"Why wouldn't I be? They really look good together. I believe Jenna's compassion will make her an amazing Luna... and... want to know a secret? I am glad I am not mated to Jonathan. He is a nice guy and all, but since we were kids I always saw him as a friend so that would be awkward. Besides, I am not Luna material" I admit giggling