Prologue

"Anong gagawin mo kapag nawala ako?"

I thought it was just a whisper or a random nag in my head that remained screaming until I realized that I said it out loud because Rigor's body tensed from behind. He was lazily stroking my bare thighs with his calloused fingers and it suddenly stopped. I could feel the tension from the tip of my fingers, jolting my skin with his controlled anger.

"Bakit ka mawawala?"

Mula sa gaspang ng boses niya ay alam ko nang pinipigilan niya ang pamumuo ng galit pero nabigong itago. I swallowed and did not move. I did not even dare to look at him from behind because I know the forest is on fire. I would see burning bushes and dead trees in his eyes, a sign of his rising temper. It is both terrifying and amazing.

I shrugged. "No reason." Deciding that he would really get mad at me anyway, I just continued. "Pero kung sakali... anong gagawin mo?"

Humigit ng marahas na hininga si Rigor. I could already imagine how his brows would furrow and his jaw would clench in restrained rage. This forest-eyed man has multiple faces and sides that continue to surprise me. Most of the time he's just this calm, artistic person who wanted to paint and not be bothered. But he could also be ruthless and terrifying if he'd want to. He remains quiet but he's always in his deep thoughts and he never gave a damn about anyone when it comes to showing his anger and expressing his feelings.

"Where are you going, huh?" bumagsak ang timbre ng boses niya dahilan ng matinding panginginig ng kalamnan ko. His hand held the strength of an athlete, even though he's much of a painter rather than a sport. When it snaked to my slim, soft waist, I bit a gasp at the coldness of his palm. "Iiwan mo na ako?"

I made an unlady-like noise, somewhere between a cry and a laugh that instead of lightening up the mood, it just intensified the atmosphere. Something was caught in my throat and I had to swallow hard before I could find my voice to speak again.

"Nagtatanong lang... kasi diba, hindi naman natin alam kung anong mangyayari bukas. So, ano nga ang gagawin mo?"

Rigor sighed heavily. In one swift move, he turned half of my body towards him to meet his face. I gasped and stared at him. He always had such a strong face. The sculpted jaw and arrogant nose that sometimes it made me think he's unreal. My gaze met his and I saw the brewing storm in his forest eyes. I could never get myself from drowning in the depths of it every time I stare at him. He gave me one of his long, steady looks that I could almost feel him plucking my soul out of the body and inspecting my darkness.

"What's wrong, cherie?"

I parted my lips just a little, still finding the right words to convince him that I'm okay even though he could see through me. But even before I could fabricate another lie, his mouth came down on me and my falsehoods were translated into a soft moan.

Rigor pulled me closer and harshly pulled the thin, white blanket that separated our naked bodies. My soft, small body pressed against his hard chest is making me half-drunk. The sensation is slowly creeping up on me as I completely straddled him.

He was getting impatient with the slow kisses that when I moaned again, he took it as an advantage to enter my mouth and raked as no man had ever did to me. He was searching for answers desperately. His other hand rested at the soft curve of my waist, caressing my skin and pulling me closer every time I made a backing move away from him.

Breathless and in love, I pulled away from him while seeing stars beneath my lashes.

"Tell me what's wrong." He said hoarsely, looking deep into me. "And don't lie."