Chapter 9~

POV: Caden

"Father, when is the meeting?" Sitting in my father's office with him and his advisers I try to stay focused. This past week has been draining. My sex life has gone from one or more females a night to zero. I know it's for the best, which is why it doesn't bother me. I thought I would sink back into depression, but I believe the hope of finally finding her is keeping me sane. I can only pray I find her soon, otherwise I do not know how long I will last, mentally that is.

"In an hour. You should go change." Turning around he faces me. "This is an important meeting Caden. I do not need to remind you how you need to behave do I?" Staring me down, I try not to flinch.

No one but my father has the ability to frighten me. I don't know if it's because he is my King or because he is my father, either way he has the capability to put me in my place.

"No father. I know how important this meeting is and I promise you, I will not screw it up." I couldn't screw it up. If I did, my mate would be pay the consequence.

"Excellent. Now, gentlemen if you wouldn't mind, I need to make a phone call. Meet in the conference room in an hour." Sitting down, he dismisses all six men, including me.

Leaving the office, I head towards my room to don my suit. Each year all the Alpha's converse with my father, the King in hopes of finding my mate. Not that they have the ability to find her. I'm the only person who can find her, who should be able to sense her. They discuss outcomes and solutions to kidnapping and attacks.

When she goes into heat, she will need to be protected. Men and woman have been training for years to be warriors. She will be given twelve guards, three females and nine males. These men have been trained to protect. All nine know that if they try to become sexually active with my mate, not only will he suffer, his family will as well.

One female and three males will constantly accompany her at all times. Rotating between four and twelve hours to make sure they are fully alert and no one knows when the warriors change shifts.

She isn't found and threats have already been given. Daily death threats are either delivered by mail or phone call. Jealous females or furious males. Males despise me for the simple fact of being the Prince of all werewolves, or their girlfriends secretly love me. Either or they feel the need to threaten my mate. Stealing her away from me for their own pleasure is a constant threat. My father has stopped discussing those threats with me since I nearly killed the last male who promised to conquer her body.

It doesn't matter that I haven't found her or gazed upon her body, she is beautiful in my mind and that beauty belongs to me and only me. Anyone who tries to steal her away from me once I have her in my arms will be severely punished if not killed on sight.

Opening my door, I stop short as I notice a maid stuffing a letter into her pocket.

"Are you stealing from me?" I growl out. Does she have a death wish?

"N...n...no...my...prince. I wouldn't dare." She stutters quickly. Her hands fumbling with her maids dress. Checking her over, I notice her dress is made with high quality material.

"Hand over the letter before I have you escorted to the prison." Reaching my hand out I wait. Instead she gazes behind me in hopes of a rescuer. Not today, my dear, not today. "You have ten seconds to hand it over. No one is higher ranking than I, except for my parents, your King and Queen. Their loyalty is to family above maids. Your out of luck, a savior isn't coming to aid you in fleeing."

"I can't my Prince. My family's lives depend on you not reading this letter. Please don't make me give it to you. I can't live without my family." Crying she retrieves the letter. Thinking she might have changed her mind rather quickly, I reach for it. To my shock she rips it in half. "Please forgive me, my Prince."