XXIV - Athazagoraphobia

Athazagoraphobia
noun
/a-the-za-gore-a-fo-bee-a/
the fear of being forgotten, ignored, or replaced

🍁

Had it been hours? Days? She didn't have the strength to know anymore. All she did was cry eversince it happened. After admitting Noah to the hospital she quickly called Neo. Not even ten minutes later, he came barging in the waiting area asking Jess what happened.

She couldn't even tell him what happened without crying. She called Via too, when she arrived Jess broke down. She knows Noah would tell her it wasn't her fault but if it wasn't for her he wouldn't be lying on some hospital bed. She could only pray he's okay. She couldn't call Noah's mom, she was too afraid to face her. She knew she has every right to see her son but she didn't want her seeing Noah like this. Helena would be heartbroken.

Via was holding her shaking hands while waiting for the doctor to come out. It had been 3 hours but they still have no idea about Noah's condition.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." Via comforted her.

"He's not going to like it if you keep on crying princess." She bet Neo was annoyed at her now. She was crying ever since they reached the hospital. She wanted to stop crying but what Neo said made her cry more. She wished Noah was there to tell her everything's going to be okay. It scared her how dependent she became with Noah. He was so caring and he always made sure she was comfortable about everything. He would listen to everything she says and would even remember the little details. He always made sure she's okay. But look at where it got him now. Beaten up so badly he couldn't even fight back for himself.

Via hugged her. Whispering soothing words to her. They held hands while Neo was pacing back and forth. If she wasn't just about to lose her mind, she would care and told him to sit down. But right now, she didn't have the strength to speak. The soft stomping of feet caught her attention. Instantly she shoot up from her seat approaching the doctor.

"Is he o-okay?" She wasn't ready for any bad news. She can't take it.

"And you are?" Neo wanted to punch the doctor. Is that even important right now? Couldn't he see that there's a weeping girl in front of him?

"I'm his brother. She's the fiancé. This one's the maid." If they weren't just in a serious situation right now, Via would strangle him. The doctor seemed to believe him and Via didn't know if she should be relieved or annoyed. Really. Does she looks like a maid. A dry sob made her snap back to reality. She pulled Jess close to her. She never saw her look so devastated before. It hurt her too.

The doctor sighed. "He has head injury." Her world may have collapsed but what did she expect. She felt her knees weaken and if it wasn't for Via she knew she would be slumping on the floor. "We saw several fractures on his skull that could only mean he was assaulted physically. We found blood clots outside of his blood vessels, this could result to permanent brain damage and he might not recognize you when he wakes up." Maybe the world have stopped spinning for a second. She couldn't breathe. No. That couldn't happen. "Fortunately, the blood clot didn't occur in the brain. For the mean time we have to monitor him, I couldn't guarantee anything right now. I'm sorry."

She couldn't speak. She was aware Neo and Via were looking at her. She could feel their pity on her. Neo was looking at her with so much sympathy that she looked away. She was glad he spoke, she was too stunned, too weak to say anything.

"I'll pay you with whatever the fuck you want! Just do everything to make him okay."

The doctor wasn't fazed. She didn't know why but why does she feel like he's going to give up on him? Noah is strong, he wasn't going to give up on himself, not now when she's here. Not now when she couldn't imagine life without him. He couldn't give up. "P-please. Save him. I beg y-you." She pleaded with a broken voice. Tears falling freely from her eyes.