Epilogue: Assassination Time

{Kunugigaoka Junior High School, Japan}

Nagisa was an ordinary child. He was what some would call: "Common People."

Nagisa was one of them, he was ordinary, average, a standard human being.

Although he had his fair share of suffering a boy his age shouldn't endure, Nagisa didn't like to dwell on his childhood that made him different.

That, in a crowd of "normal teenagers" made him stand out.

Nagisa didn't like to be the center of attention, he preferred to be a bit further from the spotlight. In the back, in the shadow, a place ordinary people couldn't escape in the face of extraordinary people.

Nagisa, with his feminine features which he despised, liked to, quietly observe those who stood out. To silently take notes of the way they acted. Of the way, they exerted their power, their influence.

Nagisa was a snake, lurking in the shadow. But he didn't know.

Since he didn't act their way and instead cowered like the masses, it made Nagisa feel normal.

But was "normal" a good thing?

Yes, of course, it was.

When Nagisa got demoted to class 3-E, to the End class, all his doubt about normal not being best vanished. Class E was a class of abnormality, of people who were destined to stand out.

From the moment they stepped a foot in it, it was too late, and Nagisa knew that the poor excuse of a "normal life" he built had shattered. How could he join the massive rank of averageness when he wasn't even deemed worth it?

When Nagisa was transferred to Class E, upon his last year of Junior High, he knew he was screwed.

And he was, now the abnormality which he had managed to more or less hid in his home, followed him throughout his day like the plague.

The oddity, the variable, the tag trash was etched on his forehead for all to see. For all to sneer at, for him to stand out more.