Chapter 41 - he still doesn't know

I hung up the phone and almost threw up.

Matthew, my half-brother? No.

'Quit thinking he is it! There're a thousand more Matthews in the world' my consciousness said.

She was right this time, out of all the millions of Matthews it couldn't be him... Am I right?..

I remembered that I was still at Matthews house. Shit.

I heard the door open and I didn't know what to do. Was it a thief? I hid behind the counter, hopefully it wasn't a thief.

"Ray?" a voice called out loud. Shit, my shoes! I left my shoes in the hallway.

"Ray? It's me Matty" I instantly smiled.. I don't know why.

"Nice hiding spot you found" he chuckled and I saw him wipe a tear from his eyes.

"Have you been crying? Why?" I stood up from my shit hiding spot and came over to stand infront of him.

"I don't know what to do" he sobbed and I realized the blue and red circles under his eyes. He was pale and his hair was greasy.

"I'm sorry, so sorry Matthew. I didn't mean to leave you. I was scared" I whispered in his ear. He hugged me tightly.

I told him everything except the half brother thing. He told me that he was looking for me and then we started crying together.

After about an hour of talking he came closer to my face. I knew what was coming. A kiss.

'He's your half brother you idiot' my inner voice screamed.

I pulled away and looked at my hands.

"What's wrong?" He said concerned.

I looked back at him and I feel a tear running down my cheek again.

"We can't" I said quietly and then I left.

Wonderful, he still doesn't know.