Star Gazing [Optimus]

The soft taps on Ratchets digits across his keyboard was the only sound that was heard across the base. The kids were asleep across the human area and here I was, by Ratchets monitors drawing some sketches.

"You know, it is about 3 am. Right?" Ratchet said quietly.

"I know but, I'm not tired." I replied.

"I'm going to go to the top of base" I said

He mumbled something, and I put my things away and took the lift to the top of the base. After about a minute I got out of the lift and walked towards the edge and sat down. I looked up and the starts were beautiful. There was no light pollution at all. You could see everything

"Wow" I said. I leaned back on a rock and relaxed. And watched the stars. Seeing shooting starts going across the sky. Man it was beautiful. My eyes started to get heavy but I stayed awake. As I was looking up I heard soft but heavy steps. I turned around and I saw Optimus looking down at me.

"Hey Optimus." I called out.

"Why are you out here at such a late time?" He asked

"Well... look up." I said and pointed to the sky

He obeyed and looked up, I heard him gasp and I giggled. He looked back down at me and said

"Mind if I join."

"I don't mind at all" I giggled

He slowly sat down next to me and leaned back on the rock also. He placed his servo down next to me, I understood and climbed on. He slowly lifted his servo and placed it on his chassis, I hesitated but I slid off. I got into a comfortable position and looked back up at the stars. His chassis when up and down like he was breathing, and the sound of venting when he did so.

"Optimus?"

"Yes?"

"Can you see Cybertron from here"

"No, but I would assume it would be between those 3 stars." He said and pointed to Orion's Belt

"Oh, in between Orion's Belt?"

He hesitated

"Yes"

"Why did you hesitate"

"Orion used to be my designation before I became a prime, I haven't heard it in quite a while. Is strange hearing it again."

"Oh. I never knew that"

We stopped taking for a bit. And started at the stars again. I started to drift off, I yawned and my eyes dropped. I felt Optimus shift under me. And heard him chuckle. Like actually. I felt my shirt getting pulled by the back and felt myself getting lift up before I got place on his servo. I was awake enough to know what was happening. And I felt Optimus shift and stood to his full height, I moved my head to face him but I was still lying down. I felt his every step, slow and soft. Moving towards the lift. I fell asleep in his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~End~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~ just kidding~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But I woke up again. Because he placed me back on his chassis when he got settled on his berth. I looked at him but then snuggled up against him, trying to get warm again. I saw his servo coming toward my frame, and he covered me. And I soon fell back asleep.

533 words

Sorry it's short