Mind Reading and Stress

(F/n) was teaching her class like normal while everyone either slept or was daydreaming. As much as Severus wants her to take the rest of the year off so she can rest, she refuses like the stubborn woman she is and who he loves. (F/n) cleared her throat gaining a few faces to have their attention. "If you're of the few who are paying attention, then lucky you, you get to leave class early," she spoke as a few cheered before leaving. Everyone seemed to snap out of it before looking at (F/n) before waking up their side partner.

"To those daydreaming and sleeping; one, you need to focus on these lessons. As much as they are boring, they're important for your N.E.W.T test. Believe me, I did that once, it did NOT end pretty. I nearly got held back if it wasn't for retaking it and getting help from my best friend for studying it," she spoke as they muttered a soft apology before spending the rest of the time writing down notes and the lesson. Soon, they left leaving (F/n) alone to her thoughts. She sat down and picked up a book before reading it a bit before her mind wondered somewhere else other than her book. It wondered to food, then anime, then back to food.

Severus walked outside of (F/n)'s classroom door before peaking in to see if she was alone. He saw that far off look in her eye before he used Legilimency on her. At just that moment she thought about Severus with his face close to his books or the time he kept his face so close to his owls. Was he nearsighted? Or does he just hate looking so close to his things? He read and writes flawlessly, but-- (F/n) stopped her train of thought before gently smacking herself with her book. Severus focused back in life before going in to (F/n) who read her book.

"(F/n), how are you feeling?" Severus asked before sitting next to her. "I'm fine, just a bit stressed. And don't remind me; stress isn't good for our child. But can you honestly really blame me? The kids were spacing out or sleeping. It kills me to have to be through class with kids who fail to pay attention due to not caring about history when it'll be on their test!" she spoke as Severus rubbed her back before replying, "I know. A dunderhead student of mine failed to do the essay that was assigned yesterday as homework. One would assume that they're purposely trying to fail."

"I know! But sadly, they keep money in our pockets," (F/n) started before Severus finished, "and soon, our daughter will understand the pain of school." (F/n) looked at Severus with a raised eyebrow. "Daughter? You think our child will be a girl?" she asked before he responded, "Not really, but having a daughter would be wonderful. Because not only do I get to protect her from any boys, but I can keep her from making trouble."

"Severus. They could be a boy. And even so, we're going to love our child for who they are. Flaws and all," she spoke as he smiled softly. "I know," he whispered before kissing the top of (F/n)'d head. "Oh, another question, did you read my mind again?" (F/n) asked as Severus looked away and muttered a soft yes. "No bueno, Severus. You know I hate it when you do that without asking or telling me," she spoke before he replied back. "You were far into thought. You think I'm nearsighted?" he asked before she answered, "Not really, but yiu did show signs of of it."

"Well, I am slightly, but I learnt how to grow with it," he replied as (F/n) petted his head. "Okay then, but next time; tell me." "No promises," he spoke before getting smacked in the chest.

"Severus Tobias Snape-Prince, do not play with me like that!" she whined a bit as he smirked slightly.