one.

Oh, stars in her eyes
She fights and she sweats those sleepless nights
But she don't mind, she loves the grind
She grinds from Monday to Friday
Works from Friday to Sunday,
She gon' slang
Too smart to crave material things
| Beyoncé - 6 Inch

Oh, stars in her eyesShe fights and she sweats those sleepless nightsBut she don't mind, she loves the grindShe grinds from Monday to FridayWorks from Friday to Sunday,She gon' slangToo smart to crave material things| Beyoncé - 6 Inch

"Remi, you're about to be up," Jayda tapped Remi's shoulder as she swung her long, jet-black hair behind her shoulder, "It's packed out there

"Remi, you're about to be up," Jayda tapped Remi's shoulder as she swung her long, jet-black hair behind her shoulder, "It's packed out there. Trav might want you to do some one on ones."

"Okay," Remi nodded, wiping the lip gloss that had piled on the corners of her lips with a slight sigh, "Can you tell Royce to have a shot ready for me after my set? You know I hate dancing on them old white guys without something in my system."

Jayda laughed with a nod before escaping out of the locker room and leaving back out on the floor.

Remi stared at herself in the mirror, admiring how well the bright orange set she was wearing radiated off of her skin. It was embezzled with a few shiny crystals that Remi was sure would sparkle and catch the attention of the customers with ease. She sported long, black curly hair that almost looked wet, especially under the flashing club lights. Remi always kept her makeup a bit simple, focusing more so on her eye makeup with bold lashes and eyeshadow.

The owner of the club, Travis, had told her that her eyes were one of the most captivating things about her. It was like whenever she batted an eyelash or squinted them slightly to give an intense stare, she could make any man weak in the knees. It was part of the reason he had given her the stage name Medusa. Whenever she stepped up on the stage and caught the gaze of customers, she'd have them stand in one place, buying drinks and tossing money her way as if it was nothing. She was his money maker, and everyone knew that.

Remi tucked a piece of her curly hair behind her ear, bending down to tighten up the six inch heels that were on her feet. To anyone who didn't know Travis, they'd think that Remi owned the place with how confident she strutted around with her held high in those shoes. It was like they gave her the power and confidence to do whatever she pleased.

"Remi!" she could heard a security guard call for her, "C'mon."

"I'm coming, damn." she muttered underneath of her breath, fixing her hair and taking one final look in the mirror.