Prologue

Fair warning. This is the first story I ever wrote. The plot isn't the best and the grammar is probably crappy but I wanted to bring all of my stories from Fanfiction to the other sites as well, so here goes. 

I know this is not too great in terms of plot and everything but I hope you'll still like it.

Enjoy,

Nick

It's fascinating how much one tiny moment, one lapse in judgement can affect someone's whole life. My life changed one night a few weeks after my fifteenth birthday. I was walking home when I was attacked from behind. I don't remember much, but there's one thing that I know without a doubt. Whoever attacked me got me pregnant.

My dad didn't really know what to do with me, so he sent me to live in the house my mother's family owned in Mystic Falls. You see, I'm part of the - in my opinion - most important founding family. The Crawfords came to the New World in 875 AD and they lived in the area ever since. Well, there was a settlement in Salem, but that disbanded soon after the Witch Trials. You heard right. Witch Trials. My family has a long history with witchcraft and not even the whole nature witch crap that is so popular. We are somewhat more powerful and have fewer boundaries. Depending on what day and what month we were born on, we were either weaker or stronger.

I was born under the highest point of a blue moon on October 31st. Witches born underneath a blue moon were strong, to begin with, but for a witch to be born on October 31st or All Hallow's Eve was almost unheard of.

So yes, here am I. A fifteen-year-old pregnant girl living alone in a strange town. I got emancipated a week ago, so I could live on my own. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but he was always busy with work and women, so I sort of always drew the short straw.

Ever since my gran died when I was 12 and I moved in with my dad, I was enrolled in an online school. It was easier for me, especially since my grandmother wanted me to take more courses than I would have taken at a normal school. Another good thing was that the independent studies allowed me to learn at my pace.

Anyway, enough about my life before. Let's start with what was going on right here and now.

At the moment, I was tied up in the trunk of a car with Elena Gilbert lying next to me. Last night, the Lockwoods held a Masquerade and I tried to help Elena who was injured to get back home. We weren't friends or anything, but that didn't mean that I wouldn't help her. When we were about to get in the car, a man came out of nowhere and knocked Elena unconscious before he grabbed me. I didn't fight but tried to protect my abdomen from any harm.

So yes, that lead to me being tied up in a car trunk. Just another day in my fucked up life I'd say.