Movie Night

It's been almost a week since Elena and I were kidnapped and the only time I left my house was to go shopping or talk to the very persistent Original who is currently showing up every day. I still didn't invite him in, but so far Elijah has been the perfect gentleman.

It was noon and I was sitting at the dining room table, doing my school work and eating a sandwich. I had so many AP courses and short courses that I was pretty much flooded, but at least that gives me the chance to go slow. Despite being fifteen I was already on senior coursework, so it didn't really matter if I missed a couple of months or not.

As soon as I put the last bite of the sandwich into my mouth, the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes lightly and stood up. What timing.

"Elijah," I greeted, once I swallowed "I'm actually a bit busy right now, but maybe you could..." I hesitated slightly, studying him intently "Come in?"

The Original gave me a small, but genuine smile and stepped over the threshold "Thank you."

"Don't make me regret it," I sighed, leading the way to the dining room "Sorry about the mess, but I was trying to do homework."

"Trying to?" He raised an eyebrow in amusement.

I shrugged sheepishly "I wasn't sure where to start, that why everything's just... there."

He sat himself down and looked over the pile of worksheets, books and workbooks "You don't go to school here?"

"No. Since my father works on an island without a school, I got to online school. When I moved here I thought it would be easier to deal with than being pregnant in a public high school," I explained.

"Ah, yes. I would imagine so. Why do you not start with the subject you like least?"

"I chose the subjects. I like about all of them. Except for American History and World History. They make no bloody sense."

The vampire looked at me like I was crazy "Why? What is your topic?"

"In American History something to do with the KKK and World History the Vietnam War. What I don't get is why the US thought it would be a good idea to go guns blazing into that war. They only made it worse," I mumbled, scratching my head.

"You do have a point," Elijah nodded before he explained everything he knew about the topics on hand.

"Oh, I get it now... Thanks," I grinned mischievously "The advantage of knowing someone who is literally as old as dirt."

In a moment of childishness, Elijah actually stuck out his tongue at me, which lead me to collapse into giggles.

After another two hours, I pushed away from the mostly finished stack if school work with a sigh. Elijah had sometimes butted in, explaining something to me or asking me to explain something to him. Studying like this was actually a lot more fun and effective this way.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked the vampire when we settled onto the couch.

"What kind of movie?" he narrowed his eyes in mock suspicion.

I shrugged tiredly "I don't mind. You can choose if you want to, but no Romance or Horror, please."

While he was over at the shelf with all of my DVDs, I went to the kitchen, pulling out various snacks and sweets. In the end, the little table was full of Marshmallows, chips, pretzel sticks, tortilla chips, some veggies with sour cream and guacamole.

"How about this?" Elijah spoke up, holding a copy of Mary Poppins up for me to see.

I giggled "Wouldn't have taken you for the Disney type, but fine with me. I love that movie."

"I never watched Disney," he remarked, as I started the movie.

I gaped at him after almost dropping the remote "You're serious? Not even the old Disney movies?" He shook his head "Okay, we'll have to change that. I'll make you watch every Disney movie I liked. Beware. There are a lot. Especially if you add Dreamworks and the Disney Pixar movies to it."

"What did I get myself into?" he joked with a terrified expression.

"I'm not that bad," I pouted, leaning against his shoulder. Safe. I liked it "Now hush."

During the movie, I slid down somewhat, snuggling into Elijah's chest with his arm resting on my waist.

Shortly before I drifted off, I blinked up at him hazily. He quirked his lips and pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead, his hand sliding towards my still flat stomach.