Telling Jenna

When Damon and I got back to the Boarding House, he immediately made a beeline for the couch and alcohol.

"I'd offer you some, but..." he trailed off, gesturing to my stomach.

"It's fine. I'm actually pretty tired," I yawned, stretching my arms above my head.

"Come on, let's go upstairs," he proposed.

I grinned at him "That your way of getting me into your bed?"

He laughed a genuine laugh "Is it working?"

"You wish, Damon. But seriously, could you maybe... stay?" I wasn't feeling that well and I always felt safer with someone I could trust around. Okay, I've only really known Damon since yesterday, but my intuition was telling me that with him on my side, I had a loyal friend for as long as I'm honest with him.

"If that's what you want," he nodded "I'm aware we don't know each other that well yet, but you seem like a sweet kid. And for some reason, I feel like you're to be protected." He held out some of his clothes for me and pointed me to the bathroom.

Damon's shirt reached mid-thigh. Either I was extremely small or he was freakishly tall. Maybe even a mix of both. I exited the bathroom, after putting up my light brown hair that reached the middle of my back. The vampire was already sitting on his bed when I got back. I shifted nervously, biting my lip gently.

"Meg, come here," Damon commanded quietly.

I didn't look up, but I did shuffle over to the bed. As soon as I was close enough, he pulled me onto the bed with him and tilted my head up.

"Never look down," he advised "It only shows people that you're fair game."

I stared into his eyes in confusion "It's just since... my pregnancy, I don't feel like confronting people," I whispered.

Damon sighed and pulled me into an embrace, wriggling to get us into a more comfortable position "Get some sleep. Jenna and Ric will be here in around five hours."

I yawned again, leaning my head against his chest.

After what seemed like minutes, someone was shaking me awake "Meg, wake up. You have half an hour before they arrive," Damon whispered, shaking me again.

I fought to get into a sitting position and rubbed my eyes tiredly. When I felt like standing, I quickly grabbed my leggings and my shoes, before disappearing into the bathroom. My usual routine was done in ten minutes and I quickly put on the leggings, socks and shoes, while opting to not change the shirt. I kinda liked that it almost hid my baby bump and it was comfy.

"You're still wearing my shirt," Damon smirked, looking me up and down.

"It's comfy," I shrugged "And it doesn't advertise that I'm pregnant to the whole world."

His smirk dropped into a frown at my words "Why are you going to such lengths to hide it?"

I flinched at the memory. No matter how much I like to kid myself into thinking it, I was far from over the fact that I was raped "Later, yeah? It's something that I really don't want to tell twice."

"Fine," he agreed reluctantly "But only if you promise."

"I'll try, Damon," I vowed "The story is hard for me, so... I'll try."

"Good. They're here," he noted, scooping me up into his arms and speeding down the stairs.

"Geez, warn a girl next time," I cursed. Why in the world do vampires have problems with this? Unbelievable...

The doorbell rang the moment I sat down on one of the very comfortable couches. Damon sped to the front door and opened it, letting in the other two adults.