Chapter 92.

"Wish I'd died instead of lived
A zombie hides my face
Shell forgotten with its memories
Diaries left with cryptic entries

And you don't need to bother, I don't need to be
I'll keep slipping farther"

***

The last couple weeks since New Years have gone by faster than I thought they would, and it's been relatively calm. It had just been trying to get back into the swing of work, and getting prepared for the charity auction for the shelter; and Harry had been busy making several of his framed butterflies to donate to it.

I was so proud of him, that he was being so brave with that because I know how self conscious he is of it but he's really trying, pushing through his nerves and he was even excited to show me when he had finished all of them.

He's come so far, compared to when we first met but he still has a long way to go - we both do, but that's just part of being human.

Jimmy has been acting as Ludos nanny whenever he gets the opportunity, usually watching him while I'm at work whether Harry is busy or not. Ludo now has more clothes than I do, and I had to put him on a diet because he started barely fitting into the damn clothes after he would come back from being with Jimmy.

Things with David have been fairly quiet, which I don't know if that's good or bad yet; but Harry, Steve and Jimmy have been getting together and discussing how they should handle him.

Harry had mentioned something about all of the information he has on David, and he has an email set up ready to send out to all of his business partners and investors; but he's weighing up what the repercussions for that would be and how to handle those, especially now.

My heart sank when Harry said it never use to matter before, he said before me it didn't bother him that trying to ruin David could mean he could end up dead; that he didn't care because David would have been doing him a favour - but now, now that's the last thing he wants to happen.

He said now he has the fear that something cold happen to him - that something could happen to me, so now he has to plan for the fallout of going after David.

There was a couple nights where Harry went with Jimmy, to meet with his 'associates', all of the top tier people from the criminals he's involved with and said he was going to finally call in some favours they owed him; he needed to make sure he had the help there if he needed it.

Harry was also working on collecting information about Davids connections, people heavily invested in his company. Harry said they were as bad as David, and he wouldn't be happy until Davids entire company was burnt to the ground - that those kind of people don't deserve the kind of power their money brings them, because they were dangerous with it - they only used it for awful things. They were self serving and vicious, and hurt whoever they could to get what they wanted and feed their own gluttony and keep their status.

I tried to keep up with a lot of the things Harry told me, but as an average 22 year old woman I'm not really that accomplished in suddenly being a part of a mission impossible movie.

I burnt potatoes the other day because I forgot to put water in the pot before I tried to boil them, I'm not exactly criminal genius material.

I'm still trying to figure out why David despises Harry so much, I know Harry said he was a threat to David but it seems so much deeper than that.

It's been a couple days since the auction we held for the shelter, and I'm absolutely over the moon for Harry; because all of his butterflies sold straight away and watching the shy surprised look on his face as I stood next to him in the gallery when the bidding finished and all the butterflies went to the same buyer had me wanting to do cartwheels around the damn place.