Chapter 1

1 month later

Chomper and Cactus were my two friends after the outbreak occured. Each plant had their own group to Which they belonged, I belonged to the Sunflowers, but we all were a family and we stuck together throughout the outbreak.

Right after the outbreak happened the remaining scientists and doctors struggled to come up with a way to fight the zombies so they engineered the plants since we can't be infected by the zombie virus.

the zombie outbreak had been a Good but bad experience for me in the last month. On the positive side, the humans engineered us so that we plants could walk and talk to the humans. it was Nice to be able to communicate and be active after centuries and centuries of being still in one spot hoping that winter would kill us off sooner.

On the negative side, it's sad to see our laboratory get infiltrated by zombies and see the scientists that we were close to get infected and turn on us.

Plants were never the target for zombies, until scientists gave us human characteristics.

But all plants swore to protect the remaining human population from the zombies forever.

The thing is... Crazy Dave is the only human left.

*Few hours later*

I was waiting inside the back of Crazy Dave's flying car with 50 other plants, Peashooters, Cactus's, Chompers, and other Sunflowers, and each plant had their own accessories, stem and petal colors and abilities that made us unique so we all didn't look similar to our race. It was also a Good way for Crazy Dave to remember Which plant is Which.

I have fire lashes tattoos with pink petal glasses for my accessories. My friend Chomper has car wheel marks around his head with metallic teeth, and Cactus has red tribal paint with tiny Cactus tattoos across her body with clown make up.

"Ok plants, " Crazy Dave begins. "There's a garden down in central park that needs to be protected. Kill all zombies that infiltrate the park and I'll come back to pick you up."

Each group of plants had their own ability  and their role in the Gardens Defense.

Peashooters and Cactus's are the hands on group they get further away from the garden to shoot or snipe any approaching zombies. If a zombie gets passed the Peashooters and Cactus then they enter Chomper ground. Chomper ground is Where all the Chomper hide under the dirt and swallow up any zombie on top of them, with the help of even more Peashooters and Cactus since Chompers are vulnerable while they're eating. Then the last group is Sunflowers,  we heal up any injured plants that are brought to us during battle at the Garden we have time protect. We do our Best to protect the plants at the garden and turn them into.walking and talking  plants  like ourselves with vaccinations that the doctors gave us before they're infected. We Sunflowers aren't the strongest of the fighter but we are very important in battle,  because we heal everyone but we still have help from Peashooters Cactus and Chompers to help us fight zombies that were able to make it to the garden. Then after we're done, Crazy Dave picks up the new plants,  trains them while the ress of us move onto the next garden that needs protection.

Crazy Dave hover the car over a parking lot and the side doors open up.

All the plants jump out of the door and onto the street.

"You have a minute to prepare your battalion," Dave says. "The garden is located in the east quadrant."

Then his flying car zooms off into the air while the plants disperse to go plant some defensive plants and make it to the Garden.

"Gather around everyone," A Peashooter says while we all gather around him.

I recognize him as the first plant to be mutated and given human abilities.

"I want half of the plants to get to the garden and defend while the other half follows me to go fight the upcoming zombies."

A group of plants volunteer to go with Peashooter and I want to go with them and fight.

I take a step.

"What are you doing?" Cactus grabs my arm. "You're a Sunflower you have to stay at the garden."

Cactus was right and I fall back watching as everyone enters the city to prepare for battle.

The rest of the plants March over to the east quadrant to defend the garden.

I walk along with Cactus and Chomper,  while kicking some pebbles out of the way.

I see other Sunflowers all Smiley and happy while they plants some defense plants and healing them up while Peashooters Cactus's and Chompers get ready time defend us.

But I want to be able to fight, I want to show that Sunflowers can do more than sit back and heal other plants.

We can do some damage too.

"There's a building up ahead," Cactus states. "Let's get up there so I can see What's happening."

Chomper and I walk Cactus to the building,  we go up some stair until we get to the top of the building.

"The air is so fresh up here," Cactus breathes.

Then she stands still and sends one of her flying onions to go check out the battle below. Cactus always gets really quiet while she's checking the battle with her one eyed onion.

"I don't think it started," Chomper states, while chewing on some old newspapers littered on the floor.

"We'll here when they start," I answer meekly. "Give it time."

I feel the Wind blowing through my golden petals and the smell of carbon dioxide enter my lungs.

"Mmm carbon," Chomper and I both laugh until Cactus regains consciousness.

"They have missiles," Cactus shrieks, but then there's a loud bang and the building shakes.

"The building is hit," Chomper states and then it leans over and we'really hanging on the side of the building.