17

Run boy, Run

The three Hargreeves and a threatened doctor, all gathered around a metallic filing cabinet.

Although it should've been a more tense atmosphere, it was actually rather pleasant.

The doctor stood in front of an open drawer. Five was opposite of him,  propped against the cabinet from behind and holding Winnie close to his chest. Klaus was sat just besides Lance and on top of everything.

Lance glanced warily at Klaus and the two supposed 'teens' as he rifled through the files. Finally, he found the right file and plucked it out.

"Huh... thats strange." Lance mumbled.

"What?" Five snapped.

Lance hesitated, "Uh.. the eye.. it hasn't been purchased by a client yet."

Klaus hopped down from his spot, landing unnecessarily close to the man. The doctor took a short step away.

"What do you mean?" Winnie asked.

"Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number... this cant be right."

Lance reread the paper and Winnie had a sinking feeling that her painting really was right. The results weren't going to clear up anything.

"It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?"

Five closed his eyes and let his head fall against Winnies. Great...

**

"Well this is not good." Five said.

The original three walked outside with varying levels of emotions. Winnie was tucked under Fives arms, incredibly disappointed with how things played out. Five was simply annoyed at having to start back from square one.

Klaus, however, was on the opposite side of the spectrum.

"Yeah, but I was pretty good right? What about my consent, bitch!" Klaus giggled happily.

"Klaus- it doesnt matter!" Five snapped.

Winnie quickly caught Fives eye and caressed his cheek lovingly. She was allowed to be upset, he wasn't. Five leant into her touch.

"What- what is up with this eye anyway?" Klaus scoffed.

Why were they unhappy again? Why couldn't they just be excited with him?

"Theres someone out there thats going to lose an eye in the next seven days! They are going to bring about the end of the world!" The teenage brunette ranted angrily.

He breathed heavily through his teeth, calming down only when he felt a pail thumb brush his cheek. She was his anchor. Always pulling him back out of his cloud of anger.

"Hey its ok." Winnie said softly. Klaus's eyes hazed over her form for a second and then went back to Five.

"Yeah.... can I get my twenty bucks like now or...what?" He asked.

"Your twenty bucks?" Winnie asked in confusion. She glanced between the boys.

Klaus felt his lip twitch and Five leveled his eyes. Five didn't want Winnie to know he had to bribe Klaus for his helpz