Chapter 18

•••••••••••••••••••••••

There were too many cameras. I had an urge to cover my face and shield it from all the prying gazes. I try not to trip when I step out of the limousine Mr.Rodriguez has sent for me. I try my very best not to scoff at the idea, he was trying to be a gentleman. I honestly have no clue about his sick game. He was too overwhelming

Mark, protects me with all his  strength and will. His muscular arms cage me from inquisitive people while his tall frame hid my small stature in a protective stance. I couldn't be more grateful. My eyes ache with the constant flashes of the cameras, I couldn't see a thing. It was just too bright everywhere

With a lot of difficulty we finally succeed getting inside the grand palace sort of a hotel. I had not doubt that it must have cost a fortune for the organisers. This place screamed grandness and absolute finesse.

Mark guides me inside, we haven't said a word to each other. It was hard looking at this man, he was Mr.Rodriguez's trusted bodyguard. I couldn't help but notice how similar they were in their characters. Both of them were quiet and composed. Strong and powerful the only difference was Mark was a little tolerable compared to Mr. Rodriguez. He shoulders were erect and extremely strong, he walked like he owned the damn place.

I look around and take in the richness of this place. It looked like a proper place for the pampered elite. There was a champagne shower right at the entrance while rarest of flowers decorated the pathway. I have never been exposed to such luxury ever in my life, Mr.Rodriguez's world was so different from mine. He was right his world  alluring but it was dangerous

"Madam we are here." He opens two thick doors and leads me in. I stop there for a second not able to contain what I was seeing. I was in paradise, cool breeze which felt like scented roses smooched my burning face. It looked like a perfect ball dropped from 60's except people wore lavish dresses. Women wore close to nothing while men proudly showcased their Armani suits.

"Enjoy your Night Madam" he says while bowing his head. Everyone who was associated with Mr.Rodriquez had a bleeding reverence for him. I didn't know was it out of fear or respect.

I look around the ball room trying to find a similar face, I find no one. My stomach growled and I decided to have something before I go and search for my dad.

The party was packed with VIP's, every women I came across wore tons and tons of jewellery. Their neck was adorned with exquisite diamond necklaces. I shake my head, too ostentatious.

The hall was spacious and I felt my legs ache walking so much. I find a waiter pass by and I politely question him about the food section.

He guides me and soon enough I find myself surrounded with mouthwatering delicacies. There was a chocolate fountain, while the grilled chicken cheese pieces and Barbecue was placed in an attractive angle. They looked extremely delectable.

I head towards the chocolate fountain and grab a cone filing it from the fountain. I add few choco chips and sprinklers. I immediately gulp it and relish the rich taste of chocolate. There weren't many people around, I take full advantage of that fact and take an extra bite or two.

"Ms.Craig" I hear a feminine voice reach my ears, I heard that voice somewhere, I turn around and come face to face with Stella, my mouth instantly curves into a smile.