- Chapter Thirty Two -

"Why don't you help him?" Kaeden asked again while Alina remained silent.

Alina knew that her next decision will ruin whatever feelings she and Kaeden had felt for one another. There won't ever be room for forgiveness from him or her after this day.

Alina turned away from Kaeden and settled her eyes on Damien's angry ones.

"Why help an animal who was conscious of every bad decision he's ever made?" She heard the small whimpers of his pack members, weeping for their alpha who's going to perish today.

Alina dared to look at Kaeden, and she saw how saddened he was. It panged her heart but she couldn't keep the man alive. His brother chose the path of evil when he truly never was influenced by the darkness of being rogue.

"Bryce. Wrap Damien Servos in heavy rope all around. I don't want any chances of his escape."

Bryce nodded and got to work. Everyone remained silent as they watched their alpha being manhandled. He tried to go against Bryce, but mentally Damien couldn't process how to free himself of this predicament. He was going insane inside. Questions of 'how did this happen' were running through his head.

Once Damien was strapped within thick layers of rope, Alina poured gasoline all over Damien. She then gave the container to Bryce. "Drench the pack house in it as well as the rest of the buildings in this small town."

Bryce, along with a few other rogue wolves, began to pour gasoline on every building they saw. Damien's pack members watched horrified at the realization. Even Kaeden's calm demure changed into panic for his members.

"You're not going to burn us alive are you? There are children here!" Kaeden didn't know what to think. He didn't know Alina well enough to guess what her next actions will be.

Alina ignored Kaeden and signaled Yager to come closer. "Take the alpha and use this handcuff to cuff him somewhere secure inside his home. He will die alongside the legacy his family has worked hard to build over the years. Everything will burn and crumble."

Damien shook his head and tried breaking free from the rope, but they were too tied and thick. Tears began to run down his face as he searched around for someone, anyone, to help him. But his pack members looked down in defeat. They see no way out. Much less a way to help their alpha.

Angrily at the lack of help, Damien yelled out, "Weak! Traitors!" repeatedly until he was taken inside the pack house.

Alina pulled out a lighter. Yager comes out and nods at Alina, signaling that the alpha was secure and trapped within the house that's about to burn.

Bryce comes back with other rogues and wait for their plans to unfold.

Alina lights up the lighter and throws it towards the pack house. Yager lights up another lighter and flicks it towards a nearby building, that soon causes a dominoe effect. Building after building soon begin to light up in flames. The fire begins to engulf everything quickly.

Alina watches as the pack house begins to crumble within the flames. Inside she distinctly hears Damien shouting in despair. Screaming for anyone to come rescue him. But as the flames grow bigger, his words turn to agonizing screams of pain.

Alina felt sick to her stomach, but kept up her cool appearance. She needed to hear the end of the man who continued his father's quest for her. She knew she could have helped Damien, but she selfishly chose revenge. Perhaps the moon goddess will take away her gifts. Or perhaps she will forgive her and allow her to live with the burden she was born with.

Once she no longer could hear Damien's screams of pain, she turned to Kaeden. "I'm not going to kill you or your people. But I do hope you won't come after me. Take charge and rebuild this pack and turn it what it was meant to be. You as their rightful alpha and staying humble."

Alina leaned down and gave Kaeden a peck on his cheek. A last selfish wish of hers. She stood up and began to walk away.

Bryce and Yager threw chain keys to pack members, including Kaeden himself.

Pack members rushed to their freedom and began running away, running from the large flames and smoke.

Kaeden watched as everyone fled, no one bothering to help him. Soon he began coughing as the smoke began to cover every inch of the air. He hunched over, staying close to the ground, avoiding the smoke as much as he could in order to try to think of a way to get his key.

The key was only a mere inches away from him, but his hands were shackled behind his back. He crawled close to the key and turned around. He laid on his back, squirming and wiggling around as he tried looking for the key blindly.

His hands searched until he felt the metal item. But by then his sight was going blurry and his mind was fogging up. He unlocked the shackles as quickly as possible. He rubbed his face and began to crawl towards the forest. In the distance, he heard loud howls of his pack members. A cry for defeat and anguish as they lose their home and territory to the flames.

Kaeden knew that Alina made a mistake. He knew that she should have killed him. His pack members didn't want him as a leader. They've seen him as a traitor long before she arrived. The lack of help for him was proof of that. Everyone had saved themselves and each other before running off to safety.

Kaeden laid still in the forest, away from the flames and smoke. But he had inhaled way too much that he felt nauseated and close to passing out. He struggled to breathe properly but he didn't care.

He hadn't care of much in fact. He hadn't cried for the brother he just lost. He felt saddened, yes. But he had seen it coming the moment he agreed to their father's request. The only thing Kaeden had cared about was his freedom.

And now that he was free, he hoped that he wouldn't die there from the smoke filling his lungs.

He had to look into Alina's eyes and tell her that he chose her as his mate. He only hoped that she'd accept him for he will.

________________________

A/N        Posted: 3/31/19

Kaeden is determined to go after Alina, his pack be dammed! 😲

Will Alina accept him? Or will I ruin your hopes and turn this into a tragedy?

Vote and Comment! 😊