Chapter 39: Hold me

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Momo are you awake?" I asked, opening my eyes.

It was already night time and the only light there was in the basement was an old lamp near the door, that provided the least amount of light.

"Mhm" she hummed and buried her face in my chest, sighing.

We have been sitting like this for hours talking our feelings away until we eventually fell asleep.

"I think I heard noise from outside" I said and Momo pulled away, looking at me confused. "Like, people talking..other than Irene and the girls" I said and she nodded.

"Do you think she invited people over?"

"Why would she, this place is a mess" I replied struggling to get up. I quickly moved to the other side of the room and rested my head on the door, trying to hear for any more sounds.

"It's already been 5 years.." I heard a voice mumble, sounds of sniffling and quiet sobbing also being clear enough for me to hear.

"I know. I miss them" Irene's voice boomed.

"What are you doing?" Momo asked

"Shhh!"

"It's okay, Yerim. They are in a better place" Sooyoung spoke.

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" I almost screamed, brining my hands to mouth in attempts to shut me down.

"What? Are you okay?" Momo jumped on her feet, whimpering as the sarp pain in her left leg made her stumble beside me.

"Yeri and Sooyoung are here!" I excitedly said and the Japanese female frowned.

"Who?"

"My friends! They helped me find you" I sang out "Well not exactly" she raised a brow and scooted closer to me.

"I just miss them so much" Yeri cried "It's a good thing we still have their house. It's full of memories" the waitress sighed.

"And trash" Jisu interrupted and shortly after got scolded by Irene.

"Don't you guys have somewhere to be?" I heard Irene ask, the tone of her voice giving out that she was starting to get impatient. "We're having a memorial for our grandparents, for god's sake!" she slightly raised her voice and a wave of apologetic mumbles filled the room.

"Memorial? Have they buried them here?" Momo shrieked, jumping on me and attempting to wrap her tied-behind-her-back hands around my neck.

"Yeri-ah, do you mind taking Sooyoung and Seulgi to the living room? I have to.. use the restroom" Irene said and the loud thumping of her boots echoed away from the basement. "I'll be back in a bit"

"Momo-ya!" I said and turned my head at the girl's direction, who was intensely staring at me "This is our chance to escape"

"How?"

"We'll just get Yeri's atte--"

Chaeryeong's voice cut me off as the sound of multiple pair of shoes became clearer, indicating that someone was coming in the basement.

With a loud groan I pull Momo and myself at the back of the room and urge her to play dead.

As soon as we close our eyes, the door opens with a loud squeaking sound and the voices of the 5 younger girls fill the small basement.