'You like her!'

MARINETTE'S POV

"Marinette? Marinette!" I blink at Miss Mandeliev and quickly raise my hand.

"Present!"

I hear snickers as the teacher rolls her eyes, "anyways, class, today I've decided to assign you all projects on our topic of 'businesses in the real world', which you have all already started of course, for homework last lesson,"

I hold back a groan. Thanks to that damned akuma, I didn't even touch any assignments because I fell asleep immediately.

"So, you have the rest of this lesson to continue, plus homework, and I expect them all in tomorrow,"

Fuck.

Miss Mandeliev nods at me, and I have a mini panic attack, until I realise it was for Alya. Things are still a little awkward from when she stuck up for Lila.

"Excuse me, ma'am! Can we work in pairs?"

The teacher reads everyone's minds, "Fine, but I will put you in pairs,"

Everyone protests, but I'm not too fussed because I think I generally get along with everyone.

"Alya, you will be with Kim, Nino with Juleka, Erin and Rose, Hailey and Max, Brandon and Sabrina, Chloe and Avery, Marinette and Lila, Luka and Adrien,"

I try not to groan, but end up letting out a strangled call of mutiny, earning some looks that just read 'WTF'

Adrien snickers, "And this, children, is Marinette in her natural habitat," he laughs at his own remark, and at the glare I shoot at him as everyone shifts places to sit next to their partner.

I reluctantly pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder, and Adrien blocks my way. He holds out his thumb and forefinger, and moves them closely.

"This," he announces, "is the world's tiniest violin playing,"

"Ha. ha. Ha. Very funny."

He opens his mouth to speak, only for another to interrupt.

"So, how was last night, guys?" Brandon swaggers towards us, "Anything INTERESTING happen?"

I roll my eyes, 'Well, if you mean anything like that between you and Erin, no."

Adrien snickers as I walk to my place next to Lila, trying not to grimace.

ADRIEN'S POV

"Really though, bro, what actually happened?"

I glare at Brandon and he glances at Mari. She looks incredible today, as always. Her hair is down and straightened, and her outfit really suits her. She's wearing a grey cropped shirt with some sort of written print that I can't quite read because of her Vans Carl Lagerfield jacket. It is oversized, which contrasts with her top and fitted jeggings, along with some black statement doc martens.

She taps her feet impatiently as she sits as far as she can away from Lila, who is talking to Avery. Poor Marinette.

"Aha, I knew it!" Brandon is smug, "you like her!"

"I do not!" I say, whilst I think how good Marinette would look with me considering we are both wearing the same grayscale clothes.

He is about to speak again, and Miss Manderliev saves the day.

"Mr Agreste! Mr Campbell! Both of you, to your seats please!" she turns to Avery, "You too, Miss Cortez!"

I walk to the desk where Luka sits expressionlessly. He stares as I sit down besides him.

"Hi," i say, starting the conversation.