Stephen Strange X Reader - Don't Go Breaking my Heart.

A/N- This is just a cute little imagine based on the fact that I constantly used to do this to my old housemates. I thought it would make a sweet but short imagine whilst I'm a little caught up with Uni work. I hope you all enjoy it.

You smiled as the first few notes fell from your portable speaker, which balanced precariously on top of the fridge. You loved music, anyone who knew anything about you could tell you that, and there was rarely a free moment where it wasn't playing loudly throughout your house. It was a huge part of your life, whether you were joyfully singing along to some upbeat cheesy single or crying your eyes out to a heartbreaking ballad.

You glanced over at Stephen, who was perched on one of the kitchen-counters, watching as you worked on dinner. It was a set routine of yours, he would come home from work and keep you company as you made dinner, and then once you had both finished eating he would do the dishes with you sitting in the same position he was in now. You fought to hold back the grin that only wanted to grow on your lips as he wiggled to the music.

"Don't go breaking my heart," Stephen sang and for a moment you remained in shocked silence.

"I couldn't if I tried," you uttered back, watching as he lifted his eyes from his phone to smile at you.

His eyes dropped back to the screen, "Oh Honey If I get restless."

"Baby, you're not that kind." He chuckled as you wriggled your body in time to the music, but when the next lyrics echoed around the room he remained silent. "You missed your cue," you teased, turning to face him fully and quirking an eyebrow at him.

He chuckled, watching as you placed your hands on your hips. "I don't know the words."

You faux-gasped, pressing your hand to your chest in mock despair. "How on earth could I have married a man who doesn't know all the words to Don't Go Breaking My Heart?" you yelped out, before dissolving into a small peel of laughter. 

You smiled as he slipped from the counter, moving closer to you and taking the peeler from your hand to place it back on the work surface. "I can't believe that I've let you down this way," he started, pulling you into his arms as he shook his head, his eyebrows already knit close together as you chuckled up at him. "When we took those vows I said for better or worse, and this is definitely me at my worse."

His lips landed on yours, leaving you smiling as he pulled away. "I think I can forgive you," you told him softly, "but it's going on repeat until you can sing a perfect duet with me."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x