Chapter 42

Rose's POV

Tears were streaming down my face as my best friend just accepted the world worst marriage proposal. Her future husband was bleeding out in the backseat of the SUV.

"OMG, You have to let me plan the wedding!" I screeched in excitement from the front seat. "By the way, Andy, that was the worst way to propose for marriage," Andy sent me the finger. Soon we arrived at the hospital where Andy was helped up and into the hospital by a few nurses and doctors.

After making a sufficient recovery, Andy was released from the hospital a few days later. I had already started planning the wedding when I realized that Violet didn't actually have a ring on her finger.

"Stephen," I yelled from the downstairs kitchen table. He was upstairs playing some ridiculous Xbox game with Andy who was stuck in bed until he was feeling a little better.

"Princess, I'm busy," he hollered back making me roll my eyes, of course, his silly little game was much more important than whatever I needed. I closed the planning binder and climbed up the stairs making my way to the game room. There was Andy laying across the couch and Stephen perched on the floor intensely playing the game. I grabbed the controller out of Stephen's hand.

"Rose! We are in the middle of a mission!" Stephen whined like a 5-year-old who didn't get the candy he wanted at the store as I paused the game.

"You," I pointed at Andy, "When you are able to get out of bed, the first stop is getting a ring for Violet you asshat. Who proposes without a ring?" I groaned "Stephen you will be going with him,"

"What why?"

"He's going to need some help picking one out," Andy nodded in agreement before sitting up straighter looking as if he just had the best idea in the world.

"How about you just go pick one out for me?" Andy smiled.

"He's got a point, Princess. You do know her better than anyone and would know what she wants," These two were absolutely impossible.

"Are you being serious?" I growled, "I'm not the one marrying her!" Andy cowered back into the couch Stephen only chuckled.

"It was a joke," he mumbled even though I knew it wasn't a joke and he really thought that I was going to go buy an engagement ring for him.

"Hey, what's all the yelling about?" Violet asked strolling into the room placing a swift kiss on Andy's lips. Andy's eyes widened looking at me.

"Oh nothing, the boys were just being stupid as usual." I smiled at her, "now I need your opinion on the color of the flowers you want," I hooked arms with her dragging her down the stairs sending a glare over my shoulders.

~2 months later~

Andy was all healed up and the wedding planning was coming along well. The ceremony wouldn't be for another year but Vi wanted to get a head start on anything. After all, with their line of work, any day could be our last. Violet was getting more excited as the days went. Stephen was taking me out later tonight for a date which we hadn't gone on in a long time. He was busy with Andy working on the gang and trying to make peace with a lot of the other gangs per our request. Although Violet loved Andy she wasn't too fond of Andy still being in the gang after the whole near-death incident. As she put it, she wanted her future husband alive and not some gang member.

"Vi, you're pulling my hair," I whined as she pulled the curling iron out of my hair letting a perfect ringlet fall. She insisted on getting me ready for my date tonight even though it was going to be like every other one, this time it was a fancy restaurant.

"It's not my fault your hair was a rat's nest and now it's getting caught in the iron!" She shot back making me laugh. She wasn't wrong I hadn't had the chance to brush my hair yet. Of course, we were blasting pop music to the other boy's displeasure. They told us this was a gang house, not a sorority. That only made me and Vi turn up the speaker.

After 3 hours of doing my hair, makeup and having a runway show of outfits for tonight we finally decided on a simple red dress. Touching up my lipgloss in the mirror, turning to face Violet who was scrolling through Twitter on my bed.

"Oh my god" She squealed "You look amazing, holy shit I did a great job," I rolled my eyes doing a little twirl for her.

"You did, thank you so much!" Pulling her into a hug, we stayed like this for a while. It was finally normal, for the most part, everything had calmed down. Everyone was safe and happy right now with Jackson and the Cobras gone.

"Stephen is going to want to take you in the car,"

"Violet!" I smacked her arm although I wouldn't have expected any other kind of comment to come out of her mouth.

"Damn, I'd take you in the car," She winked before opening the door so that we could head downstairs. Stephen wasn't anywhere to be found yet so we started playing Super Mario Bros for the Wii to kill some time. We had beat an entire world on the game by the time Stephen made an appearance. He was in a black button up shirt with black pants to match. The sleeves were rolled showing off the tattoos that made up his arm. He looked beautiful.

"You ready?" He asked leaning against the doorway, I turned back to the game we were so close to finishing this level. I looked back at him, he only smiled. "Yes, you can finish this level Princess,"

"Yay thank you," I smiled unpausing the game. Vi and I finished the level fairly quickly so that Stephen and I weren't late for the reservation. Stephen escorted me out to his car opening the door for me.

"Where is Stephen and what have you done with him?" I questioned when he got in the driver's seat.

"Oh hush, I was trying to be nice for one night," He laughed grabbing my hand. Stephen pulled up to the restaurant, it was the most beautiful and elegant place I had ever seen. The hues of gold matched the black and white interior perfectly giving it a glamorous feel. The food was even better, I had never tasted better mac n cheese in my whole life.

"Princess, I bring you out for a fancy meal and you get mac n cheese?" He questioned cutting into this large piece of steak.

"Ya, I mean did you really expect anything else? You know I get mac n cheese everywhere I go. I'm on the search for the best mac n cheese." I said back "And I think that I might have found it. I'd marry this mac n cheese if I could" He shook his head laughing taking a bite of his steak. The rest of dinner was spent telling silly stories and making fun of each other.

"You know I was just thinking about how crazy the past months have been. I was just a regular CIA agent new to the agency and had only done a few cases. Then we stumble upon you and your gang the night of the ball. And then it got crazy," Laughing at the thought of being tied up on the rooftop again.

"To think that I hated you in the beginning," Stephen laughed turning on to the road of the house.

"Oh, the feeling was mutual. Who would have thought I would have ended up with a gang member as a CIA agent. Strange." I chuckled looking at the house, you could hear the noise coming from inside. There was lots of yelling. Stephen and I shrugged before opening the door. The couch was flipped over and the living room was astray. On the other side of the couch were Andy and Jeff with Nerf gun peering over the top. Violet ran into the room sliding on her socks shooting at the two of them. At that moment, everything seemed so normal. We weren't in a gang house with those who have killed more people than I can count. We were just with a bunch of boys who just wanted to have fun. This was the family I had now and I couldn't have been happier to call all of these boys my brothers and to have Stephen at my side. I guess falling in love with a gang member wasn't so bad.